Swimming at Night

Hey guys! hope yall liked the last one!!! :D so yeah this chapter is mostly Mell and her back story BUT there is major mell and Liam smportant part so hope you guys dont pass out, died, or get mad enjoy!!! -gabs<3

I dived into the pool and swam to the bottom. I sat there, forcing myself to stay under until I delt with with the thoughts running through my head.

You're a worthless good for nothing loser that no one cares about.

No. I am Mell. I have a redhead named Annie who is the closest thing to family I've got. I've got 5 incredible new friends that just rescued me from your crazy ex boyfriend.

You have nothing to go home to.

Then I won't go back. It's not my home, not anymore. I'll just...i'll stay with the boys.

They don't want you.

Yes they do. Louis and Harry promised.

Liam doesn't want you.

He saved me. He may not love me like I love him, but we're friends.

You'll have nothing when you lose Xfactor.

I'll have the tour.

And then?

I'll figure it out.

No one will remember you. You're nothing special.

I....I...I am. I am special. I've been voted into the top 4 of XFactor. I am going on tour. I have a redhead sister. I have my boys. I am special.

Not to Liam. Face it. You pushed away the only one that will ever put up with you and let you love him.

No. Clay and I were never love. Nothing about it was love. Nothing. Liam may not, but neither did Clay. I do NOT feel bad.

I could feel my head getting lighter. Thoughts stopped pounding against the side of my head and my chest wasn't as constricted. I could see straight, well as straight as you can underwater. I could remember why I moved on in the first place from all those things Clay told me. They were stupid, wrong, and in the past. A true smile snuck onto my face. And finally, I felt good again.

Then, Ryan's voice echoed in my head. A vision of him whispering in my ear wavered in front of my eyes. He was burning me, my worst fear, as he whispered to me. He breathed it on my neck and burned it in my brain. The voice wouldn't shut up.

You shouldn't have survived that fire. You're mother should've. Everyone knows it. Even your father. She should've lived. Not you. They saved you instead of her.

I opened my eyes to see air bubbles rising to the top. My heart was ramming against my chest and my throat was starting to close. I scrambled my arms and legs franticly. I needed air.

I burst through the surface, gasping. I'm so dumb. I shouldn't have stayed down there that long! My heart was racing and my lungs were hurting from the strain. His words still echoed in my head. My burn was on fire, even in the cool water. I shook my head and pushed away from the wall to clear my thoughts. The water kissed my aching body as I glided silently through it. I made laps with ease, not a single splash. It brought back memories of my mother teaching me to swim, and just memories of her.

"Momma! Momma! LOOK!!" I scream as I jump into the pool.

I pop back up to see my mommy turn and wave at me. I scramble to the end of the pool and climb out. Running over to her, I give her a big hug.