Chapter Nine

Harry’s POV

                The lads had all decided that it was time to call it a night when the yawning had made a regular appearance.  I wasn’t ready to call It a night yet so as we were walking down the hall I slowed my pace enough that the other boys got ahead of me before slipping away down the opposite side of the corridor.  I didn’t waste any time in hurrying towards Talia’s room at the end.  The door was still open, most likely from Liam leaving after putting her in bed, it made it easy for me to get in without making much noise. 

                I brushed the curl off of my face that was always falling into my eyes.  Sparing a quick look around her room I crept closer to the bed in the middle.  Aware that if she was woken up and saw me she would be both spooked and angry that I was in her room without her permission, I had made it this far though and I didn’t plan on doing anything more than just peeking in on her to make sure she was asleep.  I was by now standing about two feet away from the bed just staring down at her.

                She was so beautiful even in her sleep.  Her hair was falling across her face and pillow in copper waves, it truly was a unique colour in a category all by itself.  Her chest was rising up and down slowly, in a lulling motion.  Her eyes which would be the brightest of green when she was awake were moving back and forth as they watched whatever was occurring in her dreams.  All of the blankets were strewn across the floor, her feet resting side by side near the edge or the mattress. It felt like we were in a scene from a movie, me watching her calmly as she slept away looking like a slumbering princess.

                She started mumbling incoherently in her sleep, her words becoming more and more rushed and frightened by the second.  Shocked I had absolutely no idea what I should do, if I were to wake her up would she be mad at me?  If I didn’t would her dream only get worse?  I made a quick decision and reached for her shoulder.  My hand made contact and she was jumping up in her bed, her clear, green eyes wide as they raced around the room looking for the danger before landing on me.

                “What are you doing in here?”  Talia whisper yelled at me,  her voice hard and cold not its usual soft and happy.

                I was at a loss of words, how could I tell her that I was in here watching her sleep without making it creepy?  I couldn’t. “I wanted to make sure that you were asleep before I myself went to bed, I came in and you looked to be having a nightmare; I woke you up.”  I knew that it was wrong to lie to her but I didn’t want to make  a bad impression on her already.

                I’m pretty sure that my little fib worked because her eyes softened as she heard my explanation.  I tried not to feel guilty about lying to her, it was really for her own sake.  I was lying again but this time only to myself.

                “Thank you for waking me up, I was having nightmare.”  Her reply was simply, a cover story for the actual fear that was eating at her.

                “What’s wrong love?  What was your dream about?”  I didn’t want to push it too far, after all we had only just met this morning, but I wanted to make sure she was alright before I left.

                “It was nothing, I can hardly remember it anymore.” She was lying, I could tell but I wasn’t going to push her if she didn’t want to talk about it. “You really should be going to bed now you know.”  I smiled at her and nodded at the last minute I leaned forward and gave her a reassuring hug and a quick peck on the cheek.

                “Goodnight!”  I turned and walked out of the room leaving a blushing Talia behind.

Talia’s POV