Chapter 3

“Are you boys done yet?”  At the five looks shot her way Talia reiterated her sentence. “What I meant is, do you want to see you rooms?”

Five heads nodded up and down excitedly, waiting for her to show the way. Standing up Talia started down the hall not waiting for her house guests scrambling to get the two boys off of them.  To impatient to wait Harry shoved Louis out of his lap and onto the rug.  Louis grunted quietly on impact, shaking his head at the younger boy.  Since when was he in such a rush?

By the time Louis had gotten caught up with the rest of the group they were already upstairs picking rooms.  There were seven rooms in total. The staircase split the upper floor in two, four rooms on the left side and three on the right.  Talia had disappeared into the room at the end of the hardwood hallway on the right side of the staircase, leaving the boys to pick their rooms.  Niall and Harry got the remaining rooms on the right leaving Louis, Zayn, and Liam.  The house was surprisingly quiet for its age, with only a few creaking spots in the floor.   The rooms were all the same on the left side, the only difference was that on one side of the hallway the rooms had a bigger closet and a bigger shared bathroom.  On the other side of the hall the rooms had window seats and a built in desk.  Zayn raced toward the room with the biggest closet, Louis running to the room beside him. That left Liam to cross the hall into the room that he probably would have chosen anyways.  As he went to sit down on the soft bed in front of him he sat straight up.  They had forgotten all of their luggage in the van. 

Liam exited his new room and went back out into the hallway, two seconds later the other four boys had joined him.  Looking around at each other all five burst into laughter.  It wasn’t often that all five of them had the same thought or mistake but when it did happen it always made then laugh no matter the mood.

“Guessing that you lads also realized that we forgot our luggage?”  Liam asked once they had caught their breath.  Four heads nodded in synchronization.  Still chuckling quietly they made their way out to the driveway.  Cautiously Zayn pulled the doors out, an avalanche of bags falling out with the doors.  Jumping back to avoid being knocked over Zayn laughed at the obvious bad packing job that they had done in their rush to get here.  Normally everything would have stayed in place if they were trying to and not in a rush. Each boy stepped forward and grabbed his own bags. Zayn was by far the most loaded down.  Even with the other boys helping him out if they could he still had three bags in his arms.  When everything was out of the van and in their arms the five boys made their way back up the drive and into the old house.

Getting all of their stuff up the narrow spiralling staircase was a large feat.  Louis only made it worse by slipping on a bag strap and dropping all of his bags.  Lucky for him only Harry was behind him when it happened, and he was quick enough to avoid most of the falling bags.  A frustrated Louis stormed down the stairs to retrieve his fallen baggage. The rest of the lads just kept moving, determined to make their way to the top and settle into their rooms.  Louis scrambled to grab his bags, fumbling with them a couple of times to get them all to fit into his arms. By the time all his bags were sorted the other boys were already unpacking in their rooms.

“Thanks for the help guys!”  A chorus of laughter followed Louis yelled statement.  Shaking his head he kicked open the door, trying not to drop his bags again.  He waddled over to his bed, a bag sliding out of his grip.  Taking the last step so that his calves were pressed against the bed frame he dropped his bags down onto the mattress. He watched as the bags bounced once, twice, before settling down on the bed.  He started to unzip the first bag in front of him.  It was all the hair products that Zayn had gotten him for his last birthday so that he would stop stealing the other boys before leaving the house.  Throwing the strap over his shoulder he dragged the bag with him into the bathroom.  Zayn had obviously unpacked his prize possessions first, his side of the bathroom was neatly organized, all his stuff placed in accordance to when he used it.  Louis wasn’t going to be as precise, he just threw all his things on top of the counter, Zayn would likely organize them for him later anyways.  Louis smirked, he didn’t think Zayn would do it, he knew.  His room neighbour hated an un-organized bathroom; it meant he couldn’t always find his hair gel.