Chapter Six

Niall’s Pov

                I wasn’t really paying any attention to Talia, my mind was to busy.  It was amazing to me how much we had in common.  She lived with her mom after moving from Ireland and knew absolutely nothing about her dad, and I lived with my dad in Ireland not knowing anything about my mom.  Not to mention that she had left when she was five and that was when my mom had left.  I knew that somewhere if I thought hard enough I would know her from somewhere.  Everything about her screamed familiar and I was having a hard time believing that it was just a coincidence of some kind.

                I thin k the boys had decided it was time to get out of the hot pool but I wasn’t sure why, I guess I really was buried deep into my thoughts.  I got up following them up out of the room.  I couldn’t force myself to think that I had just met her though, no matter how hard I tried.  I knew her from somewhere and I was going to find out.  A hand reached out to grab my arm causing me to flinch back in surprise; I hadn’t been expecting that.

                “Niall, what’s wrong?  You have been so quiet since Talia started to answer our questions.”  Liams concerned face loomed in front of me, he was once again turning into Daddy Direction and putting himself aside to help me, even though I knew that he was dying to shower away the pool chemicals.

                I looked up into his eyes and quietly started talking. “I don’t know Liam, I just feel like I know her.  It can’t be a coincidence that we would meet here and have so much in common.” He nodded his head, taking in what I had just said.

                “Maybe she is feeling the same thing, you could always talk to her and get things sorted out.  We can’t lose our little leprechaun to his thoughts, you haven’t even complained of being hungry since we got here!”  I smiled up at him,  before realizing how hungry I actually was.

                “Thanks Liam!  Do you know what we are having for dinner though?  I’m starving!”  I grinned at my best mate, he had managed to cheer me up in a matter of minutes.

                “We are ordering in so not for a while mate!”  Liam clapped me on the back before going to his room to shower.  I turned around to do the same, only now realizing how badly I smelt of pool.  A shower sounded like a good idea, even just to relax and stop pondering about Talia.

                I stepped under the warm  water and just forgot about everything, relaxing completely.  I just stayed under the water for a while, I could hear the others coming out of their rooms and making their way downstairs. I knew that I would have to get out now, otherwise the lads would worry.  I turned off the warm stream of water and stepped out into the crisp air.  I shivered as I reached for the white towel that I had placed by the shower stall. I didn’t really bother to dry off, I just pulled on some fresh clothes and exited my room.

                I looked around the kitchen seeing all the lads but no Talia.  I shrugged it off; she was probably still in the shower.  I sat down on one of the bar stools beside Liam.  He turned his head and smiled at me before turning back to Louis who had apparently had some trouble with the shower in his room.

                “It wouldn’t settle on one temperature, it was hot and then freezing the whole time.  I kept pressing the buttons but nothing was happening so I had to turn it off.”  He shook his head as if he was mad at the shower and I couldn’t help but laugh at his antics.

                “What do you boys want to eat?” Talia called from the entry way, once again managing to make all of us jump in our seats.