Chapter Five

Talia’s POV

                I sat there waiting for Niall’s question, I was a little worried about what he would ask, since we had many things alike in my last few answers. What would his question be?

                “So Nialler, what’s your question?” I smiled trying to hide the fact that I was actually a little scared of his reply, I couldn’t let on to that though, I couldn’t tell him yet.

                “Huh? Oh yeah, umm… what do you do to keep yourself busy?” The question was obviously thought up very quickly and without much thought but I couldn’t help but sigh happily, I owuldn’t have to lie to him yet.  I answered quickly though.

                “I’ve done a little bit of modelling and I’m a part time student in fashion at the university here.”  I could tell that Niall wasn’t really paying attention any more, only nodding absently in my direction. I was starting to get a little hungry, well hungrier then I normally am.  It was only then that I realized how long we had been in the pool for, at least two hours! I looked up at the other boys who all appeared to be thinking about something, what they were thinking of I was dying to know, but it was always a mystery.

                Sometimes I wish that I could remember more about Ireland and my dad, it was all so distant; like I was looking at my memories through murky water. It was an upsetting thought, not knowing anything about my dad’s side of the family tree. It has always been a closed topic around my mom, no questions asked and no lies will be told.

                “Do you boys just want to order something in to eat today?” I figured that that would be the easiest thing to do right now, I wasn’t in the mood to cook. Plus, with them being teenage boys I guessed that they would eat a lot. “And then it is my turn to question you guys.”

                Everyone agreed that ordering in would be the best option for the day.  I volunteered to go and order but the lads thought that now would be a good time to get out of the pools anyways, saying that they could always go back in the water.  All of us dragged ourselves out of the hot water and into the cool basement air.  The boys left to go and change in their rooms while I went to shower in the change room.

                The room was nice and comfy.  There were two private showers along one wall with an attached area to change and dry off. Opposite of the showers was a wall of lockers, they are my favourite part of the room, they make things so easy.  I didn’t have to go up stairs to get my bathing suit or my clothes and towel, I just stuffed some of my things into one of the lockers for easy access.  I made a mental note to tell the boys later, but for right now all I was interested in was getting under the relaxing spray of water and getting all of the pool water off of my skin.

When  I was in the shower thoughts of my childhood in Ireland once again ruled my brain. Why had my mom  moved us away from there? What had had been so catastrophic that we moved out of the country?  I know that my parents were divorced but I had no idea why.  I guess in a way I didn’t want to know.

                And I only knew about one of my siblings not if I had any others!  And even so, I had just learned that I was a twin, yes a TWIN, a few days ago.  From that moment on I made it my goal to find out as much as I could about the Irish blood in my veins. I was going to find a way to explain everything to my twin and to find my dad.

                I was only pushed back into reality by my warm shower turning cold very quickly. I squealed as the freezing water splashed down on my bareback.  As quickly as I could I ran out, not even bothering to turn it off, I could do that from the warm, dry area.  My white, fluffy towel was waiting for me by the door.  It was my favourite towel in the house, it was a gift from my mom after one of her trips.

                Wrapping it around my body I patted myself dry, applied some lotion and changed into a pair of grey sweats and a plain white tee. Comfy clothes for a relaxed night.  I brushed out my hair and plaited it down my back, leaving it damp. Dropping me swim suit into the hamper  I walked out of the room, leaving the door to swing shut behind me.

                The walk up to the main floor was spent in thought about the conversation with my mom a couple of days ago, the chat when she told me I had a twin and that I would be meeting him within the week. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

                It was on the Monday, Mom was in the kitchen getting ready for another one of her trips.  She called me in to the kitchen saying that he had something important to tell me before she left.  I was excited, who wouldn’t be! But at the same time I was weary of what she was going to tell me.  We sat down at the counter, me with an orange juice and Mom with a cup of tea.  We just sat staring at each other for a couple of minutes, neither wanting to break the silence.  Right as I was about to open my mouth to ask her what was up she started talking.

                “Talia, I have to tell you something because pretty soon the thing I tell you will become part of your life.”  I had rolled my eyed at her, she was beating around he bush again, she always did that.

                “Mom, please, what is it?”  I prodded her for the big secret that she has been keeping, and by the way she’s acting it has been a while.

                “Ok, well here goes nothing,” She took a deep breath and jumped into her explanation.               “To put it simply, you were born a twin, and when your father and I divorced I kept you and he took your brother.”  My chin dropped, she had kept me away from my twin for years.  I started to speak to her but she quickly cut me off. “Just let me finish, the reason that I am telling you this is because him and his band are going to come and stay with you in the next couple days.”  I couldn’t believe her, I stormed out of the house, grabbing my purse as I went and slamming the door behind me.

                I had taken my car and drove downtown just needing to be by myself for a little bit of time.  I still didn’t really know anything but I left it knowing that I would find out.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

                I was overwhelmed, I was one of the only people that knew about Niall and I being twins.  I wasn’t planning on waiting long to tell him; I just need to find the right time.

AN: Hope everyone enjoyed this chapter, it is kind of your first glance at Talia and the actual storyline! Feedback is always welcome, and remember Vote, Fan and Comment :)