6: Food Fight 2

"Come on Ijeoma." Kemi urged her friend. Ijeoma took her time to place her belongings in the brown leather bag that sat on her table.

"I'm going as fast as I can." Ijeoma replied. Kemi sighed and grabbed Ijeoma's phone, notebook and purse before stuffing them in the bag.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Ijeoma questioned, slipping her feet out of her heels and into her flat black sandals.

"I have to get home and prepare something delicious for Osa." Kemi said. She watched Ijeoma roll her eyes and she sighed. "His mother is at our house and she won't let me have peace."

"What do you mean?" Ijeoma asked, raising a perfectly shaped brow. Kemi leaned against Ijeoma's desk with a slight frown on her face as she contemplated relating her problem to her friend.

"She-"

"Hello ladies." Kemi stopped when a voice interrupted her. She looked up to see Jude Daniels staring at her. He had a grin on his face which enhanced his dimple. His fair skin often misled people about his descent. His dark hair contrasted sharply with his skin but it only enhanced his masculine figure; coupled with strong muscles that threatened to rip out of the pink shirt he donned. A little moustache curled above his grin.

"Hi," Kemi replied. Kemi waited for Ijeoma to reply but all she saw was that her friend's countenance had changed. Ijeoma's soft features had taken a sardonic mask. "Ijeoma, he's talking to us."

"I'll be waiting for you in the car park." Ijeoma replied curtly and picked up her bag and heels before walking out of the office.

"What's wrong with her?" Jude asked.

"She's just having a bad day." Kemi lied. If anything, today was one of the best days Ijeoma had had so far. Mrs. Afolabi was on vacation.

"Is she on her-" Jude shut his mouth in a tight line.

"On her what?" Kemi feigned Ignorance. She knew he was about to refer to Ijeoma's period. She almost laughed at the thought. If someone didn't know Ijeoma, they would think that she was on her period. Everyday. In fact, Ijeoma was her calmest during her period.

"Forget that. I wanted to speak to you alone."

"Really?" Kemi pretended to glance at her wristwatch. "Can you be quick about this? I need to be on my way."

"Yes sure," Jude stretched his arms and rolled up the sleeves of his shirt. "I was thinking about the Olowo's House. What side are you working on?"

"Mortgaging. The house is still beautiful and it's in a prime location. It'll be a shame if we have to share the house into parts." Kemi said.

"I feel the same way too." Jude said. His smile broadened and Kemi found herself smiling at the Adonis that stood before her.

"Yes. That house is worth millions. If we rent it out we may be able to make the original capital in five six years. That's before we even start to make any profit and if we intend to sell any time after that, we'll lose but if we sell the house now we can make more than enough profit. The only thing is that-"

Jude cut in at that moment. "It's chief Olowo's house."

"Exactly. So we have to find a way to get around his image." Kemi replied.

"There you are!" Kemi paused at the sound of Ijeoma's holler. " I was beginning to get worried."

Ijeoma walked to Kemi and grabbed her friend's wrist. "I'm sorry, Mr Daniels but we have to be on our way. Her husband awaits."

"Bye." Kemi replied as Ijeoma pulled her away. She caught a glimpse of Jude smiling at her before his gaze settled on Ijeoma and his smile faded.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow." He replied. Kemi didn't fight Ijeoma's hold until she was sure that Jude couldn't see them.