twenty: night attack

[Jeon Jungkook]

When Haru already went home, I just stood there, still not able to move on what happened earlier. I was grinning to myself, and I have to slap myself in the face for me to snap out of my trance. I checked the time, and it's already 7:55 in the evening.

Shit, I thought, I have to go now.

I rushed to my car, and drove towards the headquarters. This would be the last time that I'll get blood on my hands, and then I would be officially over this. I'll be free if I'll kill the vice president later.

After I parked my car in the hidden parking lot under the building, I quickly went out of my vehicle and went inside the building, towards the room that I was usually called to.

Mr. Song was there, sitting in his usual chair, his hands clasped together as he was wearing that same old grin on his face.

The room is dimly lit, the dark walls made the place look dangerous, as if someone is going to attack you anytime at the moment. There was no one around, except for me and Mr. Song. The others probably already went home. That's why Mr. Song called me in this evening.

“Are you prepared, Jeon Jungkook?” he asked, a challenging tone is present in his voice. He was raising an eyebrow at me. I looked at him sternly, “As always.”

Mr. Song leaned on his chair as he sighed in relief, “That's good to know. But remember, if you fail at this, well... We can hide your identity and prevent you from getting your killer ass in jail..” he says, “But if your police girlfriend will know about this... She will not shut up. We'll have to eliminate-” “No, I will not fail this.” I interrupted, my teeth gritted at the thought that Haru will get assassinated without even a good reason, just like what happened to her father.

“You better not.” Mr. Song looked at me with a serious look on his eyes. This is the first time I've seen him like this.

“Anyway, you know the address to the Vice President's house, right?”Mr. Song asked, and I nodded. “Very good. Kill him in his sleep. Try go past the guards, and don't ever let yourself get caught.”

I nodded, “Got it.” “Go, now. This will be the last request that I'll give you.”Mr. Song said, and I turned my back as I left the building. I went back to the vcarpark, as after I clicked the remote of my car for me to unlock the door, I felt someone's presence behind my back.

Silence filled the surroundings as I wasn't turning back. I looked at the side first, and then looked at Kim Taehyung, who was looking straight at me,

“So you are the one who assassinated the justice secretary.”Taehyung says. I clicked my tongue, “Hyung, can you just-” “Jungkook, I thought all of us are over this already?” Taehyung interrupted me, “We stopped on killing people for other people's selfish desires eight years ago!”

“You don't understand.”I said, and that made Taehyung's teeth gritted,“What is it that I don't understand? We've been protecting you from your brother so that he cannot manipulate that mind of yours, but it ends up that you're actually helping him.”

I can feel Taehyung's dagger glares at me, piercing through my soul. “Stop this nonsense, Jungkook. I wouldn't let anyone know about this if you do right now. Even Namjoon-hyung.” Taehyung said, deadly serious.

Silence filled the place, only the light but audilble sound of cars that are passing by are heard. I bit my lower lip, as my hands crept towards my pocket, where my brass knuckles is located. I wore the weapon, and lunged at Taehyung. And Taehyung, being an ex-hitman, was able to dodge my attack, “What the heck are you doing?” he asked, startled, as he was about to throw a punch at me but I dodged.

I slid down and went to kick Taehyung's legs, making him fall down on the ground. I went above him, aiming my fist at my friend as I was clutching on  the brass knuckles.

“I'm so sorry, hyung.”I muttered as I landed a punch on Taehyung, making him knocked out and unconscious. Blood started to roll down his forehead, and I tried not to look.

I placed the now-bloody brass knuckles back inside my pocket, as I picked Taehyung's phone up. I decided to leave a message to Cheonkook so that she could just pick Taehyung up here without knowing that I was the one who did this to him.

I went inside my car, and started to drive towards the vice president's house.

There are a few guards on the gate, trying to fight off sleep as they were just sitting at the guardhouse, not caring about anything in the world.

I wore the full-face mask that I had prepared earlier, along with the gloves. I easily sneaked in the house without even getting caught or noticed because of these careless guards that are supposed to guard the house but failed to do so.

There was a CCTV camera at the entrance, but that didn't really help much because my face and hands are covered.

“Hey, did you close the gate?”

I heard a lady's voice from a distance, coming towards my direction. I went to look for something to climb on, and there I found a fire exit ladder. I huriedly went up, and then jumped towards the terrace, just in time that the maid went towards the gate and scolded the guards for sleeping during their shift.

I entered the house though the terrace, and it is already dark. There's a glowing CCTV camera at the corner of the living room in the upepr floor, and still, It's useless.

The Vice President's room is just at the end of the corridor, so I rushed towards there, only to find that the door is locked.

I cursed under my breath as I looked for some thin and sharp pointed objects around the house. When I found a paperclip, I went towards the room again and tried to picklock the knob. After a few attempts, the door finally opened, revealing the vice president and his wife on the bed, sleeping.

They were facing their backs against each other, so it will be easier to kill the vice president.

I took out my pocketknife under the sleeve of my hoodie, and flicked it open. I aimed the knife at the vice president's neck, “I'm sorry,”I mumbled and didn't hesitate to rio his throat out.

The vice president's eyes widened when he looekd at me, but I placed my hands on top of his, muffling his noise. The cut on his throat was deep, so he's dying at the moment. And I am basically suffocating him with my hand, making his life end fast.

When I confirmed that he's already dead, I immediately left the room, closing the door. I was about to go out through the terrace again when there was a girl about in her teens, maybe sixteen to eighteen, looking at me with wide eyes. “W-Who are you?” she exclaimed. I clenched my fists, “I'm really really sorry.” I said, and then jumped out through the terrace, landing with my foot on the ground. I immediately dashed away as fast as I can towards my car, and then drove out.

My burner phone rang, and I picked it up.

“I already killed him,”I said, informing Mr. Song about the Vice President's death. I heard Mr. Song chuckle, “That's fantastic. Your money would be in your bank account now. You can now get rid of this burner ohone of yours, our contract is already over. ”

“Got it.”I said, and threw the phone outside of my car, as a speeding car suddenly passed by, crushing the burner phone in an instant.

Good thing that I'm finally over this.

After a few moments of driving, I remembered Taehyung.

I clicked my tongue, He'll probably tell them when he wakes up.

___________________________

So I'm at school atm and I'm not able to watch AMA lol