nineteen: really

[Jeon Jungkook]

As I entered my car, my burner phone rang. I answered the call, “What is it?”

“We've confirmed it. The Vice President is trying to kill the President.” I heard Mr. Song's voice at the other end of the line, and my jaw tightened, “This would be my last, right?” “Yes. You should kill him later tonight... I know you excel  at close-range killings, so I'll let you use that.”Mr. Song says, “Go to the headquarters at 8 in the evening, I'll give you the details.”

“Got it.”I said, and then Mr. Song hung up the call.

“So what were you trying to say to Haru?” Ariya asked, just entering my car after I finished my call with Mr. Song.

I was just silent, as I looked at Haru and Yoonjae going out of the gym, talking and laughing at each other. I know that they are close with each other since then, but I can't help but to feel that pang of jealously inside of me.

That moment in the boxing ring earlier, I wish I should've just went for it. Why was I contemplating wether to just admit it to her or not?

Ah, Moon Haru. You're making my head hurt.

“You sure do really like her a lot.”Ariya commented, and I just ignored her. “Are you jealous?”She asked, and I just shrugged. Ariya laughed, “You are.”

Haru and Yoonjae were giggling and just being too close to each other as I was observing them.

Ariya cleared her throat, “Well I'll ask her out right now if I were you.” she went out of my car, “I'll just take the bus. Thanks for the ride.” she says, and then walked away, leaving me hanging. I just clicked my tongue as I looked at Haru and Yoonjae's direction. The two seemed to part ways, and Haru entered her car.

I immediately went out of my car, and rushed towards hers, just before she was about to drive out of the parking space. Haru stopped her car, and rolled down the window, “Oh, Cook.”She said with a smile, that made me feel a million butterflies flying around crazily inside my stomach.

“Uh...”I said again, still speechless. Why can't I say it to her?

I really do suck at these parts.

“What are you really trying to say, huh?”Haru asked, turning off the engine of her car, and went out. She leaned her back on her car while crossing her arms on her chest, looking at me with an eyebrow raised.

I just rubbed the back of my neck, and I felt my cheeks burning. I never got to experience having a middle school or highschool crush and admitting my feelings towards them so this is really new to me.....