Chapter 11: Jealousy Is a Powerful Thing

If there's one thing Mike Wheeler has felt, it's definitely jealousy. He's noticed the way guys look at El since the beginning of high school, but he's always tried to push the thoughts to the back of his mind. He knows that El loves him, and he tries not to be self conscious when the thoughts of her leaving him comes to his mind. 

He can't stand it though, how he hears guys howler and whistle at her as she walks down the hall. How even in the locker rooms after gym class, some guys have the audacity to talk about her right in front of his face. It's almost like they're taunting him, trying to see how he'll react. Almost as if they want him to get pissed and push them back against the lockers and be protective of her. 

But he doesn't, he knows that's the reaction they want. Instead he rolls his eyes, and clinch's his fists. Quickly finding her outside of the school doors, and making sure that he spends as much time with her as he can. Because even though he knows she loves him, he wasn't going to take their moments together for granted. 

"I missed you," she now stands in front of him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders as she embraces him in a tight hug. The group just left the parking lot, leaving the two of them standing by his car. 

"I missed you...so much," he exclaims, his hands coming up to grasp the back of her head. Keeping her body to his for a few seconds longer. 

"What's wrong...you seem tense," she raises a brow, her fingers meeting his, intertwining. 

"Nothing.." he chuckles under his breath, sighing out in annoyance as he tries to forget the nasty comments rushing through his head, from early that day. 

"No...tell me," she steps closer, her hands coming up to cup his face. Her fingers soothing him, as she smiles up at him in reassurance. He hesitates, not wanting to worry her about his stupid thoughts. 

"It's just...guys. They're disgusting when they want to be, and every time you walk down the hallway I know what they think of you," He tries to beat around the bush, not wanting to directly say that guys are commenting about her appearance. 

She seems to know what he was thinking though, as she huffs out a breath. Her eyes shutting briefly before they open again to meet his. 

"Don't worry about them...okay worrying about what they think or say won't change it," she states, her body leaning completely against his. His back propped up against the side of his door. 

"I know..it's just I hate that they're like that. They should respect that fact that you're in a relationship," He rolls his eyes as he speaks, knowing that what he wishes could never come true. 

"Hey...listen to me, I love you. And nothing those idiots say will ever change that. If anything the way they speak about me, disgusts me more than it does you.... I'm so in love with you Mike Wheeler. I have been since I was 12 years old, and I always will be," she smiles, her dimples showing as her eyes glaze over. She rests her forehead against his shoulder briefly, her hands wrapping tightly around his waist. 

"God you have no idea how much I actually needed to hear that," he smiles down at her. Tilting her head up, taking his advantage to lean down to press their lips together. His fingers graze her cheek bones, cupping her face as their lips part and their tongues meet. She smiles into the kiss, as she pulls away briefly. 

"You have no idea what you do to me," she whispers, before their lips collide once again. Her fingers running through his floppy black hair. His hands grasping her waist, keeping her close. There body heat radiating over to one another. The energy running through them, heats them to their cores. 

When they break, they stay close. There lips touching so lightly, it feels like a feather. Their eyes meet, their pupils dilated as they breathe each other in. This would be the start of something new. 

                                                                                         **

I LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPTER, I DON'T KNOW WHY. BUT THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS DEFINITELY GETTING TO A MORE PHYSICAL SIDE TOO, THE EMOTIONS ARE DEFINITELY HEIGHTENING. TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE NEXT, I THINK I HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT'S TO COME SOON ;)

THANKS FOR READING, 

<3<3<3