Chapter 1: The Start of Something New

Eleven awoke by a loud voice, echoing in the small cabin that they still lived in.

"El...wake up, you have school now," Hopper knocked on her door a couple of more times. She became excited straight away, school. But yet she was nervous, she didn't know what those kids knew. She was honestly surprised that they didn't make her start from 4th grade, even though she was now going into 8th.

She walked into the little kitchen, noticing how Hopper had made her Eggo's. She was surprised, he's been trying to get her out of this phase. She didn't comment on it though, she happily sat down at the little table, not thinking twice before stuffing the whole thing in her mouth.

"Are you nervous," he sat down across from her, a cigarette in mouth as he took in her appearance.

"You do know that you can't go in pajamas right...and that's not my rule," he commented before standing from the table.

She didn't comment on any of it, she couldn't find the right words to use. Instead she made her way back into her crammed room, searching through the many plain clothes that Hopper had first got her when she started staying with him.

                                                                                            **

"It'll be fine El," Hopper had said when they pulled up to the front entrance of the school. She hadn't said anything to make him say that, but she knew that he could tell by her facial expressions. She probably looked terrified.

She nodded her head in agreement before exiting his truck, she noticed that he stayed there for a second watching as she walked beside all of the other kids. She knew he cared, even if he didn't show it all of the time.

"El.." she heard the four boys say in unison, parking their bikes at the bike rack. Smiles on their faces as they made their way over.

"You'll be fine..we'll be with you all day," Mike stepped up beside her, his hand grazing hers for a brief second, that was enough to get her to smile.

"Yea...it'll be fine," she stated, nodding her head as they made their way up to the doors. The group noticed how kids stared, more than likely thinking that El was just a new student, but none the less staring in curiosity.

                                                                                           **

The day went by quite smoothly, other than the times when Eleven would ask a question in class and the students would laugh. Thinking she was weird because she didn't know most of the basics of a running classroom.

"Hey you did great okay..," Mike had stopped her outside of the school doors that afternoon. Grabbing a hold of her shoulders, smiling down at her. She liked the feeling of his hands on her, how comfortable she felt being around him.

"Are you sure.." she furrowed her brows in uncertainty, and when he nodded his head with another smile she could tell he was doing it to try and comfort her.

"Thanks Mike," Her lips tugged upwards into a genuine smile. She was surprised when he leaned down to embrace her, his head resting in the crook of her neck. Again she loved the feeling.

                                                                                             **

THIS IS THE FIRST OF MANY CHAPTERS, I'M THINKING THAT STARTING FROM HERE ON OUT I'LL DO IMPORTANT MOMENTS IN HERS AND MIKES LIFE AS THEY GO ON IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP AND GROWING UP.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK????

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING<3<3<3<3