Chapter 6: Flustered Conversations

El was so confused when they started 10th grade. It's like everyone's innocence went straight down the drain and the only thing people talked about anymore was making out and sex. Eleven had no idea what that word meant. But everywhere she went she heard people talking about if they had done it yet or not.

Some people even came up to her asking if her and Mike had done it. She asked them what it was, but they just laughed and ran off somewhere else. Leaving her standing in the middle of the hallway more confused as ever.

So after school when her and Mike went back to his house, she planned to ask him. They were currently doing the one assignment that they were assigned to do on the first day. She remember's the group being mad because the teacher had assigned them homework so early on in the year. 

"Mike," she began, turning her attention towards him. Seeing as he sat their his brows furrowed as he huffed, glaring down at his papers. 

"Yeah," he asked, his attention still focused on trying to figure out the questions. 

"What's Sex," she asked, his attention instantly leaving the boring work. His eyes wide with confusion and surprise as he took in what she said. 

"What...where did you hear that from," he questioned his brows furrowed, his body turning to face hers. 

"That's all people talk about anymore, and some girls came up to me today and asked if we had done it...They didn't tell me exactly what it was that we're supposedly doing though." She explained, seeing as his face became hot. For some reason his mind went straight to the idea of him and eleven having sex, but he quickly shook his head of it.

"Umm...it's something people do when they love each other, and their comfortable around each other. It's very i-intimate, and personal," he tried his best to explain, his body becoming more and more hot, he felt so uneasy being the one explaining it to her.

"So why don't we have sex," her next question completely surprised him. His throat enclosing as he tried and remained calm.

"No...No, we aren't supposed to..We're too young, usually it's only adults who do it." he almost laughed because he was so uncomfortable. 

"But don't Nancy and Jonathan do it," she exclaimed. 

"Eww..I don't even want to think of that..I mean yeah probably,"

"I'm really confused..so If they do it then why aren't we supposed to," she kept asking questions and he was trying his best to get himself out of having this conversation. 

"I don't know I mean I guess it could happen..but I don't think we're both ready for something like that," he stated, his face becoming more and more red with each passing second. 

"Are you okay," she asked worriedly, bring her hand up to press to his forehead. His skin burning from the contact. 

"I...I mean, apparently the first time's painful..well that's what I've heard anyway, for girls I'm pretty sure. But there's a lot more to it than that, there could be consequences." Mike rambled as he tried to ignore the fact that her skin was on his. 

"What do you mean," she became frustrated, so confused because this one word was so hard to explain. 

"When people have sex, there is a possibility that they could get pregnant, which means having a baby. Unless you use protection, which causes you not to get pregnant.I honestly don't know El, I tried my best to forget the awkward week of health class where we learned about all of this," 

"Why do people do it then," El pushed her hair out of her face, as she tried to make herself more comfortable feeling like this conversation could last a long time.

"Because....it makes them f-feel good." Mike mentally face palmed himself. 

"Feel good," El's brows furrowed even more, but their was a hint of curiosity in her tone. 

"Yeah like you know how you feel when you kiss..it's kind of like that I assume, but more intense," Mike sighed, hoping that the conversation was almost over. 

"So you kiss when you have sex," she finally began to understand a little bit. 

"Yeah...but there's a lot more that goes into it..Like you use parts of your body, to make the other person f-feel good....Can we please talk about this later, I'm sure Nancy is a much better person to talk to about this kind of stuff," Mike pleaded, his body still burning. But was grateful when he saw her nod in agreement. 

He froze when she leaned into press a long kiss to his lips, his body aching as everything about what just happened sinked in.

"Okay...I'm gonna go have that talk with your sister..I'm still so confused and curious," she smiled at him, patting his leg as she gathered her papers and headed up the stairs. Leaving a flustered Mike behind. 

                                                                                           **

WRITING THIS CHAPTER WAS JUST AS AWKWARD AS YOU PROBABLY FELT WHILE READING IT. BUT SHE HAD TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IT WAS FROM SOMEWHERE. OF COURSE THIS CONVERSATION IS AWKWARD. TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE HAPPEN NEXT. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!

<3<3<3