Chapter 5: What Is Love?

Eleven remembers the exact day her feelings for Mike went from longing and crushing, to the feeling of never wanting to leave his side. She didn't at the time know what that feeling was called, but she did remember when she'd see Holly watching Snow White. True love, what was love? she had thought to herself over and over again.

School had got out, the last day of 9th grade. She remembers kids throwing their notebooks and school work in trash cans. Teacher's still yelling at kids to calm down even though they couldn't control what they did anymore. She remembers all of the guys and Max coming up to her, smiles on their faces as they told her about going to the quarry after school to swim. It was the perfect day for swimming, and she finally knew how to. She nodded in agreement, as her hand grasped Mikes.

Will, Lucas, Dustin, and Max were all in the water, splashing around and giggling at each other. Mike and Eleven had gotten out, wanting to lay out and dry off for a little while. She remembers Mike laying down on the beach towels they had gotten from his house before coming here. His hair ringing wet, causing his curls to form and stick everywhere. His eyes were closed as he laid their, the sun shining down on them. She remembers feeling extremely happy, just by being in his presence. She started counting the freckles that dotted over his skin.

"Do I have something on my face," she heard him chuckle more than likely feeling her stare. His eyes opened, meeting hers. She shook her head, "No," she smiled. Laying down next to him. Closing her own eyes, trying to take in the moment of no interruptions and the warm sun on her skin.

"What are you thinking about," He asked her, causing her eyes to reopen. She shrugged her shoulders, not knowing exactly what she was thinking.

"You're being quiet," he kept talking.

"I'm always quiet," she smiled, seeing as he smiled in victory as she finally spoke some more words.

They sat in silence once again, until finally she let her mind do what it wanted.

"What is love," she had asked, seeing as his eyes widened at the intimate word leaving her lips.

"Umm. It's when you really like someone..so much that you always want to be around them," He answered her as honestly as he could. He honestly didn't know the exact meaning of it either.

"Mike....I think I love you," He froze in place, he could feel his face flushing slightly at the exclamation.

"Really, h-how...do you know," he asked, turning over on his side to face her. She soon did the same.

"Because you said it's when you always want to be around someone...and I do when I'm with you," she stated, he couldn't help but smile.

"I think it's more than that honestly..but that's definitely something that happens when you love someone." He explained. Her brows furrowing in confusion. 

"What else is Love then," she questioned now sitting up.

"Well...I mean from what I've heard. It's when you think about them all of the time. And, when you have butterflies in your stomach when they touch you.....Or when you'd do anything for them," He exclaimed, also sitting up. Seeing as she sat their her eyes focusing on her hands. Her brows still furrowing.

"Then I definitely love you," she almost whispered, causing his heart beat to pick up. His lips once again tugging upwards into a smile. Her hand moved over to grasp his, their fingers intertwining. She finally knew why she felt that way towards him when he touched her. Goosebumps formed over her skin as his fingers traced over hers.

"I love you too, El," he admitted, instantly leaning forward to press a long kiss to her lips. Both of their skin heating at the small contact.

                                                                                              **

I LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPTER...I CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM TO GET OLDER AND FIGURE OUT MORE STUFF TOGETHER. TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE NEXT???

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT<3<3<3