Werewolf Forest::Chapter 20

Not much to say, just the usual, comment, vote, yadda, yadda. Please check out my other story if you haven't already.

I love to hear all your guesses on who the traitor is, I can't wait to reveal it!! (No it's not this chapter, hang in there) So ya, just let me know your reactions to everything and such, like on the whole Davo/Maggie/Andrew thing. I want to know who you think she should be with.

Oh and some people were wondering about Sasha. Sasha isn't just a bitch for the sake of being a bitch, she does have her reasons (Que the speculations). The whole explanation will come in a couple chapters...I'm not sure how many...Alright, well before I give TOO much away, enjoy chapter 20!!

~Alex

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I paced in front of the bars, surly beginning to wear a rut in the frigid stone as my feet padded back and forth, back and forth. We had been down there for hours without a single word from upstairs.

"Pix, will you sit down? You're making me dizzy." Davo's voice pierced the eerie quiet. Though it wasn't much more than a whisper, it seemed to be as loud as fireworks against the melodic beat of dripping water and my bare feet shuffling against the cold concrete ground.

"How could they do this to us?!" I exclaimed, no longer able to keep my outrage in silence. "We trusted them and now they think we're traitors!" My body was tense in my fury; my shoulders tight, my arms hugged to my sides, my hands clenching and unclenching into fists so tight I could feel my ragged nails biting into the skin on my palm.

"Well they-" Davo began, but I wasn't done quite yet.

"How dare they! I mean we haven't done anything wrong!" I yelled, anger letting words flow out of my mouth like a long-imprisoned lake breaking through the thick stone confinements of a dam. "I worked my ass off training so I could fight for these people and how do they repay me? By locking us in a freaking cage in their basement?!"

"Look I know you're mad, but you need to calm down. I-"

"No I will not calm down!" My voice pitched well above normal, echoing throughout the dungeon-like room. I half expected the small window to crack in its intensity.

"Why should I calm down?! These idiots locked us in a cage! And what have we done to this Sasha girl huh? Why does she hate us?" Davo stood up and grabbed onto my shoulders, trying to hold me steady as if he was worried that any moment my fury would propel me through the ceiling.

"Listen, you need to-"

"I mean I haven't even been here that long and I met her, what? Once?!"

"Pix-"

"And then Connor! He's supposed to be the Alpha! Some Alpha he is! He just stood there and watched while we got dragged away! He let that manipulative,

deceitful, spiteful little-"

"Maggie!"

The flow of words stopped abruptly as I looked up at Davo, catching his steely gaze with mine. He took my silence as an opportunity to speak.

"You need to calm down and think rationally for a second." His voice was slow and calm as a rippling creak, and equally as consoling, as he lowered his head to my level. "Of course they might see us as potential threats. I mean we both fought on Danny's side in the last fight and, like Sasha said, we aren't even part of this pack."

"You agree with them?" I asked, astonished, my nose crinkling in disgust.

"No, of course not. I know I didn't do it, and I know you would never betray your friends. I'm not saying what they did was right, I'm just saying I understand why they did it."