Werewolf Forest::Chapter 2

I awoke sore for my father had not been very happy when I returned home the night before. This may have not been one of my hospital visits but it had been pretty bad. I now had many cuts on my face in the shape of my father's knuckles, multiple bruises on my arms from him grabbing me and a sprained wrist. It could have been much worse, yes, but that did not ease the pain. I winced as I sat up, feeling a shock of pain radiate through my body. At dusk I snuck out of the house, clad in hiking gear, and ran towards the river. My mind had not wondered from the dog-boy ever since his sighting. Who was he and how did he...change? Many theories had run their course through my head but I had still not settled on one. Mutant? Science experiment? Alien? Mythical creature? Or maybe just maybe I had been mistaken...no. No, I had seen that boy turn into a dog no question about it.

Oh come on! It's impossible! You're just imagining things.

Am not!

Are too!

Am not!

Then how do you explain it? Hmm? A person turning into a dog? Please!

I know what I saw!

Well obviously you don't because you couldn't have seen that! You're crazy!

Then technically you would be too so how about you just shut up?!

Fine! I will, but don't come crying to me when you figure out I'm right!

Ugh. I hate having internal debates.

Trust me the feelings mutual.

I reached the creek and hopped across the rocks to the other side. Once there I ran to the meadow where I had seen the boy. Nothing. No trace of him what so ever. I ventured further into the forest past where I had ever gone before. I found many things a water fall, a foxes den with little cubs playing outside, a ruin of an old cottage that had long since fallen, a meadow covered in the blossoms of mid-summer, a lake that shone silver with the moons light, a pond inhabited by frogs, fish, and lilly pads with many colors of dragon fly dancing with the glowing sparks of lightning bugs. So many beautiful sights but no sign of the dog-boy. The moon hung high in the star dotted sky. I hung my head and began to walk back towards the river. I snapped my head around when I heard the snap of a twig. I climbed a tree and once more searched for the origin. I watched in silence as four very large wolves came trampling through the trees. The grey wolf that was leading came to a sudden halt with the others following simultaneously. My eyes widened in shock as one by one the wolves began to shake and blur then in the blink of an eye turned into three men in their late teens or early twenties. I let out a small gasp, barely audible to human ears. But then again whatever these people were they were not human. Three heads snapped to where I was hiding. Uh oh. I dropped from the tree and took off in the opposite direction.

"Get her!"

Oh shit!

Not good!

I ran as fast as my feet would take me, but it wasn't fast enough. Someone barreled into me knocking me to the ground. I struggled but I couldn't break the grip that was binding my hands behind my back.

"Ok here's how this is gunna go kid. I'm gunna let you up and you are gunna come with us without a fight understand?"

I stayed silent. The knee that was holding me down jammed into my back making me yelp in pain.

"I said do you understand?"

"Yes!" I yelled into the ground

"Good," I felt fabric being tied tightly around my hands, almost cutting off the circulation. Someone grabbed my elbow and pulled me to my feet. I let out a scream that had the potential to shatter ear drums. The man holding me slammed his hand around my mouth and pinned me up against a tree. My back collided into the rough bark sending a sharp pain up my spine. "Will you shut up?! You insolent little human!"