Chapter Twenty

Zayn

My vision decided to bring me back to consciousness as I opened my eyes and squinted to comprehend the familiar figure standing before me. A silver dress fell down her body and her brows almost joined each other, easily conveying that she was extremely stressed. Her eyes were totally confused and her lips twitched into an equally concerned, "What's happening here, Niall?!"

That was when another familiar figure walked from behind her and bent over to look at me. I could be considered as a charity case at the moment, observing the state I was in. My body, almost soar from all the cramps that had made their way through the night as I slept on the cold floor, was unable to react about any reflex that wanted to make its way to my parts. My heart just beat normally for a second, the very next moment reminded me of last night.

Stances galloped over my mind like strong waves on the coast of a weak and lonely beach. Her face captured my mind; her brown, teary and almost broken eyes from last night met mine, as I closed my eyes to remember her once again. I felt a shooting pain in the interior of my upper left side of the chest as one of my hand reached to calm that side of my body. I tried to get up and stand on my feet but failed in the attempt to do so, almost falling back to my last position. My body hurt miserably.

Suddenly, two pairs of hands held me and kept me from falling to the ground. I opened my eyes wide as Pops and Niall, the faces which I could easily recognize now, helped me stand.

"Zayn?" Niall's super concerned, yet calm voice rang my ears, "What’s wrong, bro?” His brotherly embrace didn’t help me anymore.

"Let him wake up first, Niall," Pops continued,"Zayn? Are you in a state to walk?" She asked me seriously, considering all the limping that I was up to. I was standing in between Niall and Pops with my hands around their shoulders.

"Is Rach alright?" I looked at Pops, ignoring every look that Niall gave me. I was quite clear about my focus.

“Is Rach alright?” I repeated a little louder, just to shook them off their thought reverie or whatever that was going through their minds.

"Zayn," She began, "Me and Niall have been out the entire night. I don't know how Rach is. But could you please tell me what's happening here? And why were you lying outside?"

I didn’t want to disclose the matter to them just yet, so I kept quiet and took to staring at the closed wooden door that probably had seen just so much of crying and cursing the entire night.

"Open the door, Pops. I need to get in and check on her. I just hope she's alright. Please? Can you be quick?" I ordered politely.

“Okay, sure, give me a second." She fetched out the keys without stressing the topic and attempted to open the door, but it wouldn't budge.

“Give me a hand over here, babe?"

"Sure," Niall helped her push the door and they finally opened it with some force together. I immediately made my way in, still struggling to walk, and looked at the back of the door.

There she was:  Lying on the floor, just behind the door.

I felt weak in my knees. I fell down against her subconscious body and my hands buried my face beneath them. I didn't dare to touch her elegant body for I was too worried that they would stain her pureness again.

“I’m sorry, Rach!" Tears rolled down my eyes as the scenes from last night visited the shattered pieces of my heart just to crush it more evenly.

I could feel stares at me from behind. That was when Pops ran towards Rach and woke her up immediately.

“Rach? Rachana!" Her worried voice began getting Rach back to consciousness. I stood back and stared at my beautiful girl as she struggled to manage her eyes back to normal. No doubt she looked broke, but still I her voice never forgot to fill the room with some weird sort of energy. Good one, though.