Chapter Six

Rach

We stood before the vast structure which also happened to be my ultimate residing place. Since I'm studying architecture, it was my soul aim in life  to construct something as huge as this; perhaps bigger. Probably something like The Buckingham Palaces. But at the moment I ade a more important issue to deal with.

I wanted to surprise Pops so I was taking both Zayn and Perrie with me. I was sure therewere super high possibilitiessof e an avalanche somewhere because othe loud shouts that my best friend would be gatherints, but those were just  imaginations.

Just as freaking selfish as it would sound, I wanted it to be more special for Pops. I mean, Ic ould totally think about how happy she would be if her so called 'idols' would be standing at er very own door. So without a moment's hesitation, I decided to ask Zayn about inviting rest of the boys if it was possible.

"Umm... Zayn?" I asked as Perrie parked the car.

"Yaa, love?" He asked casually. And my stomach did a 360° flip.

"Can you please call the other boys?" I  blurted almost instantly pursuing for some more convincing, "I mean, if they were free.. You know, since Pops is a great fan, especially that blonde one, Niall?" I paused and continued for another try as I realized this needed even more convincing, "I wish to make this a gift for her... You know," I ended a bit concerned as to whether he'd like the idea or not.

He seemed to be thoughtful for a second, but then a smile highlighted his perfect features, "You look so cute when you’re worried, Rach. Sure. Give me a minute."

He punched some number on his phone and held it to his ears, "Are you home?"

*

Entering the elevator Zayn pressed 30th floor. I just stood there for a moment before I realized that Pop’s house is on the 21st floor and not the 30th one.

"Hey, why'd you press 30? We stay on the 21st one. Remember?" I argued and frowned.

Perrie and Zayn both had a small mischievous smile on their face. I bet I looked like an idiot trying to find a hopeless answer. I know I wasn't getting one anytime soon. Besides, I could just make out that something was up with both of them.

"Chill! We're not kidnapping you, Rach." Perrie said with a smirk lingering over her face. She didn't look a bit exhausted from the long journey that we had just ended. Probably it was the pleasant climate of London.

Whereas I bet my face looked like anaconda skin and my eyes like two black holes.

I tried to look normal, but I was still wondering why they had done it. I had lots of questions but I also knew they weren’t going to answer them and I even trusted them, so I kept my mouth shut.

We finally got down at the 30th floor and walked towards the flat at the right of the elevator, which also happened to be exactly above our flat. Only this floor had five flats and each one seemed to be extra large... at least from outside. Ugh! I can't wait to start designing something like that!

Zayn fetched some keys from his pockets and forced them into the keyhole. That was when realization slapped me hard on my face and a smile made its way, "You stay here?" I asked, trying to contain my happiness.

"Why, Yes. See, we weren't kidnapping you!" Zayn said as he opened the door to his flat and offered me a hand to walk in.

I was awestruck again. Wow. He stays in a palace, I thought, which is obvious. But unlike our flat downstairs, this one was a penthouse. And I tell you, it was way bigger than a normal penthouse.