Chapter Two

Rach

“You’re killing me,” I spoke to the divine face that stood before me. I was lost again, surrounded by uncountable layers of white mist and a sheet of mystery around me, “Stop going away!”

I shouted as he took a step back.

“I have to go, Rach. We aren’t meant to be.”

His words stung me like a wild storm. In that very moment, I felt my eyes get wet and my knees wobble for all the strength I had in me was going to disappear with him. How could I let him go again?

I took a step towards him and looked him square in the face, “Don’t leave me. I swear I’ll die.”

His fingers reached for my face and caressed it. I could see a faint spark in his eyes- that evoked only when he was genuine about something- as he said what I had always been waiting for.

“I love you, Rach,” he spoke truthfully and embraced me with all his might.

Just as I was starting to feel like I was holding my world, Boom! He was gone.

I groaned as the bright rays of sun entered my room. I pulled the duvet at my side and covered my face, but after a few moments of silence, I groaned to myself again. Much how I’d like to stay in bed and sleep all day—I’m still tired because of the whole travel and plus the entire jet lag—nevertheless, I decided to get up and kick off the day. Dreams can be sick, I thought as I made my way towards the enormous window, a slight pain at the back of my head grabbing my attention continuously.

I was in Pops' flat which was twenty one floors away from the beautiful lounge below. There was entire London right before my eyes as I walked to the wall that had been replaced by a transparent glass. I placed my fingers gently on the glass as I enjoyed every moment of that beautiful afternoon that spread across this magical place. The Thames and the London Bridge looked very busy. I stared at the wide panoramic view - It looked just perfect!

After a few moments of scenery watching, I decided to get ready for my small visit to Bradford.

I grabbed a few inners from my blue suitcase, and walked into the vast blue washroom. I'm a blue-girl -Pops knows it well. I turned on the shower to have a quick bath. I had a relaxing shower, draped myself in usual inners and walked out to find some good clothing.

I decided to go with a peacock blue, tight dress accompanied by my old peacock blue drop earrings that I had preserved since I was thirteen. There was a reason why I chose to wear them today. I recapitulated that day when I was leaving Bradford as I draped myself in all the things which would remind me of those past memories.

I brushed my hair and curled them at the bottoms, just the way he liked. With some light make up and a Louis Vuitton handbag (the most expensive one of my collection), I was ready for Bradford.

But to my own astonishment, I was nervous today, and I had never been this way before. There were dinosaurs dancing in my stomach. I was going to meet them after four years, and I had no idea whether they would like it. I couldn’t help but cope up with the thought that they must’ve forgotten me and so I decided to leave the topic for now. Because one thing I knew for sure was that if I thought more about this, I’d never make it to Bradford.

There were horrible questions and sickening thoughts that ran inside my mind as I opened the door of my room and walked out into the living room.

It was a modern room with some amazing Asian furniture and an eight seater traditional Indian sofa facing a huge 69' LCD. There was a glass wall, just parallel to my rooms. The window overlooked a similar view. To the left of the hall was a kitchen with a large island counter and a dining table which had intricate Baroque art designs painted in ivory and blue on its sides. This house was probably for the entire family but since the Richman’s lived in Manchester now, this was vacant. However, they were all coming to London for the wedding next month, but wouldn’t be staying here because this place officiallybelonged to Pops now; my sweet lucky bitch.