Chapter Thirteen

Zayn

The sun was descending behind the tall buildings, leaving a golden shade stretched all around the beautiful evening sky. The rains had stopped long time ago, making rest of day pretty warm to bear with. But still there was that one feeling which was unbearable: We were heading back home.

I was in no mood to go back. In fact, I wanted to spend more time with Rach. Like always. But today, neither of us could help it. It was already past 6 and we were getting extremely late. Niall and Pops had their date and Rach was supposed get back early. I remember how she ranted about getting Pops ready and fulfilling her demands of looking good. Gawd! Girls are so girly!

I smirked at myself for the stupid statement- obviously girls are girls, but just then, Rach looked at me, "Are you alright, Zayn?" She asked confused.

"Yeah." I said smiling assuringly at her. We drove swiftly through the semi-dry streets which seemed to be ever crowded. If it wasn't for my changed attire and the tinted windows, Pops would've killed Rach, since we would have never even reached home at the first place.

Sitting here in the car, reminded me of that day at Nandos, when i dropped her home. She had actually cried over my shoulder helplessly. It was hard to see her cry, really... But I was equally helpless. I had decided to take Niall's advice and so I wasn't rushing things up or else I would've kissed her then and there, even if she liked it or not. I was sure that it would make her feel a whole lot better. Well, I guess not.

I glanced in her direction as we waited for the signal to turn green. She was busy staring at something beyond the wind shield, which I hardly even noticed, because my gaze was fixed on her. The brown in her eyes was so capturing, that it felt as though a million secrets were hidden deep within it. Her soft, white skin was fair enough to reflect a glow which would kill the darkness effortlessly. The perfect pink shade of her lips, made me forget everything and evoke the desire to kiss them. Only, I knew that all this was far away from happening. Even if I loved her so much, she would never know it.

My reverie of thoughts was interrupted by the continuous honking from behind me. I turned on the ignition and moved on as fast as I could.

Finally, after a few, quick minutes, we reached our destination and I parked the car in its usual place. We got down with the shopping bags and the grocery bags and walked towards the elevator. Soon, we reached the 21st floor, where Rach got down and I moved on towards my flat; hoping to get Niall ready as quickly as possible. After all, it was my best friend's first date.

In ages!

*

Pops

"Where the hell have you been?" I asked Rach, frustrated. I was damn furious at her today. I mean, it was my date with the-effing-hot-Niall-Horan-Of-One-Direction and how could this girl even afford to be so late? She really needs to find some humanity!

"Help me please?" She asked calmly. I moved further and grabbed a few bags from her arm and placed them on the kitchen platform.

"Now. Tell me, what took you so long?" I asked again, crossing my hands before my chest.

"Pops!" She exclaimed, "I would never be so late if you came to pick me up! For god's sake, I'm home now so let's get you ready. There's no point in wasting time over our silly arguments."

She had a point there. I rolled my eyes at her and walked towards my room. She followed me, and opened my closet.

"So have you decided on anything yet? Or am I to be blamed for that too?"

"Second option." I said blankly.

She made a face and dug into my closet full of dresses, gowns, skirts, jeans, and what not. Finally, she settled her hands on a short reddish-orange cocktail dress, which had spaghetti strap. It was beautiful piece of clothing and I had absolutely no idea that I even possessed one of those.