Prologue

Zayn

My lips nuzzled down her neck as my grip around her waist tightened. Pulling her body frame closer to me with every move, I left a faint love bite close to her right ear. She moaned sensuously as her hands clasped small chunks of my hair, moving a bit every now and then to comfort herself beneath my bare chest. I could hear the loud thumping of her heart as my lips returned back to hers. I kissed her to my heart's content for a reason that I truly felt for her, and I was sure that even she felt the same. Maybe a little more, but I knew my boundaries.

I massaged my tongue into her mouth, asking for entrance, and she obligingly parted her lips.

It is said that the first step to love a girl is to give her the feels. But honestly, I didn’t have anything in mind for this girl; for a reason that I knew she wasn’t the one for me. The girl I loved with all my heart didn’t know that I was still waiting for her, but I knew that it was entirely my fault. I bundled up the helpless feeling and pushed it behind my head.

Since my thoughts had already taken a drastic turn from mare kissing to horrible emotional notions, I tore apart from Perrie.

She gasped for breath and I just sat up straight, my back resting on the headboard.

"I love you, Zayn," She stated, honestly, crawling in next to me. I looked into her bright blue eyes as her left hand traced my jaw line gently.

She looked at me with a very honest smile, the apples of her cheeks coming to life, as her head fell to my bare chest and her hands traced their way towards mine.

"I love you too, Perrie." I found myself lie. Well, not exactly lie, but you know, some shit has got to go down.

Perrie Edwards, the most bold voice and outstanding artist of Syco Records, also known as my very famous girlfriend, was definitely not my first choice. It is said that you can fall in love with just one eye contact and I guess that’s what had happened in our case; just partially. At the XFactor Season 8 Finale, where I and the other lads had been to visit Little Mix and congratulate them, I had met Perrie. It was true that she was the only girl who stood out in my eyes after her, but I definitely wouldn’t call it love.

Perrie doesn’t even know what love actually is. No one does.

“Zayn?” She shook me out of my thoughts. I looked at her face and for a moment I was lost in her blue orbs. Even though I wasn’t in love with Perrie, it was clear that after the boys, if there was anyone I loved a lot, it was her. She would always be there, no matter what.

“Hm?”

“Baby,” She began a little distressed, “You won’t leave me, will you?”

I ran a hand through her pink candy floss hair, and stared at her. There was no way I could deny the fact that she looked absolutely stunning so early in the morning. And besides being beautiful by looks, she had a heart to die for. She was never rude to anyone or never used any harsh words before me. I was proud to have a girl like her in my life, really. That was the reason why I fought all the haters when we first got together, and I didn't mind it at all because deep inside, I knew that this girl was worth every single thing. Maybe just not love, because obviously I had that part reserved for someone else.

But at the same time, I was sure there was something happening within myself too. Probably I was getting a bit emotional, because even though I had other things to worry about, Perrie always made my thoughts divert to that one girl who I loved so immensely. But there was no way I was going to cry. You’ve had enough of it, Zayn.