Chapter Nineteen

Zayn

My body froze.

My brain ordered me to scan for some piece of clothing, but my eyes refused to look away from her face. I felt my body rise up from top of the half-naked girl beneath me; the muscles in my body were still dead. Tiny impulses generated from the top of my spine and ran across my entire body, making me stop doing all that I was and look at her; which indeed felt like lots of swords were being stabbed through me.

I couldn’t move. I was motionless.

She stood there in utter silence, her eyes trying to adjust with the scene they had just managed to focus on. But at the same time, I could bet that she had difficulty in concentrating as her bright brown orbs were now coated in a thick film of moisture. Her face was pale and she looked at me with utter intensity. We both depended on telepathy for now, but it didn’t seem to work either. I couldn’t convey the thought to her that I was just helping Perrie. She was convinced that I wasn’t.

Just at that moment, Perrie decided to break the silence, “What’s this bitch doing here!” Her drunken body rose up.

My eyes shot in her direction instantly. I couldn’t believe my ears! I felt a whole lot of tension rise up in my head and that was when I finally reacted.

“PERRIE!” I shouted instantly raising my hand to slap her, but realizing that it wasn’t her mistake either, I just let it go. Perrie looked at me with utter shock and her mouth almost dropped to the ground. I had never been so angry in my life. I had never raised my hand to any girl’s face… Not even my sisters.

I found both Rach and Perrie look at me in utter silence. Both their eyes were filled with tears; for different reasons of course. I felt a thin film of water form around my own eyes, but I was absolutely clueless what my next step would be. I didn’t know whether I should tell Perrie the truth, or whether I should tell Rach what had really happened. Either way, both of them were going to suffer. And so was I.

I felt my legs carry me over to where Rach stood. I couldn’t control myself anymore. I looked at her hurt face and immediately, tears rolled down my eyes. I cupped her cheeks and looked into her depressed orbs, “It’s not what you think, babe, trust me!” I whispered truly, soft enough so that Perrie wouldn’t catch. But I think she did…

“What the fuck are you two up to?!” She rose and walked towards me and Rach, in hasty yet stumbling steps. She pulled my hands away from Rach’s face and pushed me behind her, trying to shield me. I couldn’t help but stare at what was happening.

“You! YES YOU,” she began glaring at Rach, “You’ve destroyed my life,” She now shouted, “Why did you even have to come?! You’ve changed my Zayn, you moron! I had such an amazing life with him! He loved me… Until you came and spoilt every fucking thing with that fucked up smile of yours! Do you have any idea what he even means to me!? Oh I bet you don’t, because you know nothing other than stealing someone else’s boyfriend! I hate you, Rach! I hate you!” She spat out in anger and bitterness. I couldn’t contain it anymore.

“PERRIE STOP IT!” I stepped in front of her, “How could you even say that to her, you silly girl! Do you have any fucking idea who you’re talking about?! Have you even looked at yourself right now!? Just stop abusing Rach like that, ok?! You’re drunk, you bi-” I stopped and controlled my tongue.

She had no idea what she was talking about! I bet she was in no sate of even having a conversation, but instead, she just spoke her heart out of insanity and hurt my Rach even more. Perrie’s eyes filled with tears which made me realize that this was the first time I had ever raised my voice at her. But I was beyond the point of caring for her now.