Chapter Nine

Pops

"Yaa, sure... This way." I waved Niall towards my room as he wanted to use the washroom.

"You can't stop blushing around me, can you?" He asked me ever casually, which made me blush even more. Basically, life is a piece of shit around an Irish lad, who sings, plays guitar, tweets hopeless things and loves his fans. So I'm done with my life and I don't mind saying it again and again because around Niall, it’s just so hot that I-

 My gaze fell for the ground and a small smile approached my lips with a huge patch of red on my cheeks. Again.

"Yeah, I guess?" I managed to blurt out nervously.

"You know you look so cute when you blush, don't you?"

"I do?"

"Yes, a lot. Anyone could fall for those beautiful cheeks." He said tracing his two fingers in a round shape on my cheeks. His touch was electrifying and gentle both at the same time, but mind you... It was lighter than a feather; a touch I always wanted someone to cause me shivers. He was definitely the man I had been seeking for my whole life, and here it wouldn't matter if he was a big star. Even if he was just a guy, Niall James Horan from Mullingar, I would have been head over heels for him.

For now, I just smiled a wider one at him and looked deeper into his blue eyes which revealed a whole lot of secrets to me. I always took this guy as the most care-free one as compared to the others, but deep within his gaze, I could see a fragile human. I knew that he cared for his loved ones more than anything, but I also knew that he had a life which was almost a secret to others.

"Niall, are you alright?" I asked him seriously, unfortunately breaking that one moment.

"Yes, I just- You..." He paused and sighed deeply. He placed his hands on my shoulders and held me a bit closer, making it a bit uncomfortable for me... Or rather dense between us. "Soniya, you remind me of someone I once..... Loved. "

"Oh." I heard my tone a bit lower down since I knew he was definitely talking about some girl he loved in his past. "Really?"

"Yes." He began telling me about her, "I used to love her. She was the only girl I ever dated... But she cheated on me.." There was a wide pause, "Over a guy who once beat me to death."

My brows almost joined in fury when I heard the "beat me to death''. But I was convinced to hear his story further, "She knew I hated him, but I caught them red-hand in her very own room," He closed his eyes tightly. I felt his grip tighten over my shoulder as he completed the sentence, "making love."

At that one moment, my eyes jolted wide open and my jaw almost hit the floor. How could anyone even do something so insensitive to a guy like him?

"I have no idea why I'm telling you about all this," He continued, "It’s just that... I know you’re a great girl, and you would never hurt anyone in a way... she did. I just hope, no one ever hurts you either."

I found myself surrounded by total confusion at his last two sentences. I don't know why he had said them to me. I didn't realize where my thought process was carried away until I heard myself utter a single, "Why?"

I hated myself for asking that because I was being so rude to him. He had just told me about his entire life and the tragedy of it and I had ended up asking him a worthless question, which probably didn't even have any explanation. But to my astonishment, he did answer it.

"Because I really like you... And I care for you."

There was a long gap before he pulled me into a warm but intense hug. I found my arms wrap around his strong body frame as though it was the last time I was getting to hug any human. My eyes closed involuntarily and a small streak of tear fell onto his shoulder.