5. Another Side

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you all for getting Silvery Touch to where it is. #372 on Action and #492 on Fantasy. Thank you all so much! I'm so happy lol. I hope you all continue to enjoy the story. Also this chapter is dedicated to Alextermay9_ because she's so nice and kind and she says I'm her wattpad bestie, what more can I say? Go check her out, she's awesome.

Anyways hope you enjoy

~ Zana

Chapter Five ~ Another Side

"I want Mummy!" The little boy screeched as he stomped on the orange sofa, yet didn't dare to move away from the spot. Eva had carried the boy straight up to her office, set him down on the sofa and took a seat behind her desk. She immediately chucked the Crest into the drawer before turning to the phone on her desk. She ignored his scream as best she could.

"Alice!" She spoke into the phone.

"Ma'am, is that the sound of a screaming child?" The secretary questioned in surprise.

"And what if it is? I have a job for you," Eva spoke sternly. She had no time for chitchat, not that she ever did. Her heart was still beating hard from the close encounter.

"Err, then nothing, ma'am. Sorry, ma'am. What do I have to do?" Alice's voice shook with fear. She hoped the job wouldn't be as gruesome as her last.

"Notify all the men working for me, those on the waiting list and also anyone who is willing to work for me to be in room D56 tomorrow morning, nine am sharp!" With that Eva hung up, cutting Alice off.

She lay back against her chair, closing her eyes and sighed. She allowed the screams of the boy fill her mind again.

"I better go deal with him," she whispered to herself. She stood up, suddenly realising the cloak caused her skin to itch. She swiftly took it off and chucked it onto the chair she vacated, revealing the dress she wore in a crumpled state. She attempted to smooth it as well as possible before heading towards the sofa where the boy jumped, kicked and punched at it.

She bent down onto her knees in front of the sofa, opposite the boy.

"Max was it?" She asked in a sweet voice.

She was able to finally take in the features of the little boy. The first thing she noticed was the little head that sat on broad shoulders. "He'll grow into it," she thought to herself, referring to his head growing to fit his body. His chocolate brown hair with streaks of lighter brown came down over his eyes. "Does his mother never cut his hair? What sort of mother is she?" she thought again. Although she found many things to criticise, including his clothes which were too large for him, she thought he has a cute button nose and cute big eyes. They are a very dark brown colour, almost black: one of Eva's favourite colours.

"Where's my Mummy? I want my Mummy!" He stopped jumping long enough to shout at her, a little out of breath.

"Here, you're getting tired. Why don't you sit down?" She smiled at him as she sat him down on the spot he was jumping on. That's when she noticed he was bare footed. She frowned at this. "Did your Mummy love you?"

That caught the boys attention and he stopped fidgeting.

"Love?"

Eva didn't know how to take that or what it meant.

"How old are you, Max?" She leaned forward to smooth down his messy hair. The boy flinched when he saw her arm come towards him, but relaxed when she only went to touch his hair. Eva noticed this and frowned once again. You'd think Eva had experience with children but Max was the first she interacted with in the last seven years. "Did his mother treat him right?" she thought to herself once again.