18. The Evil Revealed

Hey, munchkins! I am deeply sorry for the delay in updating. Once again, I have little to no excuse but I hope you enjoy the chapter. It is quite short. I would like to take the time to thank you all for continuing to read the story. It means a lot and I really appreciate the comments and votes received. Continue being awesome

Happy reading ~ Zana

Chapter Eighteen ~ The Evil Revealed

It was settled. Both Eva and Pandora were willing to carry out the original plan, for their own reasons, of course. Eva longed for the freedom to explore the city and the world without the fear of danger looming over her head and Pandora desired the freedom of the core. However, they weren't due to carry out the plan until the following morning, just so they could prepare a little more.

"So that's the plan, okay?" Jax stood up from his chair, announcing the 'meeting' over.

"Wait, can I have Jett and Max back now?" Eva asked, using her eyes to follow his every step. Eva was desperate to see Jett again. She felt suffocated all those days without him and hadn't realised how much she had come to rely on his presence.

"Not quite yet. Jett is doing something for me right now."

"What could he possibly be doing for you guys? You kidnapped him, there's no way he'll just let you use him!" Eva stomped onto her feet and turned to face Jax, who was by the door. The anger was evident from the frown on her face and the tone of her voice. "You said I could see him if I agree to your plan and I have so let me see him now!"

"Jett was taken for a reason. We needed him. I told him the plan and he agreed of his own accord to help us. To help solidify the plan. So he's helping u..." Jax trailed off, paying attention to Pandora who was just watching their talk in amusement. "Pans, will you go get Max. He's not too far, just turn right from here and keep going until the end of the hall. The last door is the kitchen. I say kitchen, but it's more of a room with a fridge and microwave in there."

"What? You're just going to let me walk around in this cave without someone watching over me?" Surprise was an understatement of what Pandora felt. Why would anyone let someone snoop around a place?

"I trust that you understand the importance of the mission and so I don't think you'll do anything to this place. I trust you like I did back then, especially after you told me about the reason behind giving her the crest," he simply stated. "And close the door on your way out."

Pandora did as she was told, taking a step out of the room and closed it behind her. At first she leaned her head against the door, attempting to catch the gist of the conversation, however she could not hear a thing. She gave up soon after and put her attention on other things. She walked along the hall, curiosity getting the better of her and she tried to open the door next to the one she was in. It was locked. Disappointed, she moved on to the next door. Again it was locked. As she approached the third door, she could hear a few mumbles and realised it's because the door was left ajar.

"... letting her get away with it. I will get her, I promise, ma!" It was a voice she recognised.

There was silence as she got closer and closer. She placed one hand on the handle of the door quietly and the other on the wall as not to make a sound as she squeezed her face close to the space between the door and the wall, peeking into the room. She saw the back of someone's head and she knew exactly who that was.

"Yes, Ma, I'm going to do that. I'll take the Crest off her and kill her with it!" There was a phone against his ear.

"No, you will not!" Pandora shouted as she pushed the door open. Darren jumped up and dropped his phone. It smashed the screen. He turned to face Pandora. "I knew you were bad news the moment I saw you."

"How will you stop me?"

"I'm far more powerful than you. How do you think you'll even get away with such an action?" She entered the room and closed the door behind her.

"I'm not scared of you! You can't do anything in this cave anyway and if you try, you'll get weaker," Darren regained his posture after the initial shock. He ran his hand through his hair out of frustration.

In an instant, Pandora charged towards him, grabbing him by the throat and lifting him into the air. He began gasping for air, clawing at the hand which held him off the floor. Pandora let go, throwing him across the room, breaking a chair from the impact of the push. Darren desperately rubbed at his throat and stretched his back, struggling to get to his feet. 

"H-how? How did you do that?" Darren shuffled backwards with his butt, having given up on standing as Pandora took a step towards him. 

"You dare think I'll allow my powers to define me, to control me?" The hisses that were part of her voice caused extra terror to run through Darren's veins. "Are you scared now? So, if you even as touch a finger on Eva's head, I will personally deal with you myself. I will chop you up and fry you!" 

Her face was metres from his as he nodded his head frantically with wide eyes staring back at her. As she turned to exit the room, Darren spoke up. 

He managed to stand up. "Why do you care so much? Don't you just want to take the Crest for yourself anyway?"

"Why, Darren, why do you want to kill her?"

"Because she killed my father. When I left for a short while, I said I was coming back. I was going to take him with me when I found Ma but when I returned he wasn't there. She killed him and so I'm going to kill her." Darren flared his nose in anger.

"You know, Darren, if I was to press the switch at the dead bodies, do you know what it would do?"

"What?"

"It would reverse the effect of the Crest and bring all those people Eva killed with it to life," she hissed, getting ever so close to Darren again.

"W-why are you telling me this?" He began to shake a little, taking a step back until he felt pieces of the broken chair against his leg. 

"Because I'd create an army with them to get rid of you and all those that follow Fox." She halted a few centimetres away from him. "I'll be off now. I really do have to go get Max," she voiced almost mockingly. 

With that Pandora left the room, leaving Darren to shudder in fear.