1. Death From Failure

Heya!

Heya!

First off, I would like to dedicate this chapter to Cristy17 because she made the amazing cover above, which was the original cover of the story. She also writes poems and stories which are really good. You can always ask her to make you a cover too. So go check her out!

Anyways, hope ya enjoy the story and comment, vote and follow if ya like it!

~ Zana

Chapter One ~ Death From Failure

A ripple expanded into nothing as a rapid wave engulfed it with its speed. The ripple was the creation of a five year old boy, providing entertainment for Eva and himself, as he dipped his toes in the water several times. Eva observed from a distance. Her glance turned to the choppy sea before eyeing the sky. The clouds had their cries and floated away to reveal the bright sun. Eva smiled, releasing a longing sigh.

She felt captive in her own building; an eight story high building which she took over almost seven years ago. She hadn't left the building since the very first step she took into it and, of course, she was aware of the danger in stepping out. She wished to be out just once.

A gentle touch to her shoulder brought her out of her trance.

"What is it?" She demanded, irritated by the interruption. Nonetheless, she closed her eyes to enjoy the light presses of a massage.

"I knocked three times but you didn't respond, my love." Jett leaned forward and whispered into her ear, admiring her from the reflection on the window. "I guess you were too busy looking out the window." He used one hand to push her golden brown hair to one side, exposing her bare left shoulder.

"Mm," she confirmed, relaxing under his touch as his lips replaced his hand on her shoulder.

"Why are you always gazing out of the window?" He asked, his lips behind her ear now, sending hot stings down her spine.

Eva's eyes snapped open, her own connecting with his hazel coloured ones through the window reflection; a feature of his she's always adored. Their stare was so intense it lasted longer than ten seconds.

"Can you not see it, the beauty of nature? Just look at it, Jett." She pointed out of the window, down towards the beach minutes away from the building they were in. "The sun, sea and sand; such beauty I have never seen in humans." Her voice raised a notch with each word as she spoke passionately.

"The only beauty I see is right in front of me. You are my beauty." Jett admired her profile from the golden brown hair and the curves of her body, down to her tiny feet. Her eyes are a chocolate colour and although her least favourite feature, Jett loved them. Eva raised a hand and ran it through his Jet black hair (the reason for his name since both his parents have brown hair).