Chapter 12

(A/N: HOLY CRAP! This shitty book seriously has 20k reads!!? What the?! I can't believe it!

Thank you sooooo much, reader-chan!

And sorry for the very very VERY late update....
Now I present to you....

Chapter 12!)

(Y/N)'s POV

Darkness...

That's all I can see...

Then suddenly, a light emerged through it, more like a memory...

Please not this again...

A little girl, no more than 11-year, was walking by her hometown with sweets on her hands for her family and their companion. Such a happy girl...

Y-Yamero!!

As soon as she opened the front door, her world turned upside down...

In front of her was her mother and father...

Lifeless

S-stop please! No more!

Blood pouring out of their body and onto the floor. They have slits on their necks and eyes are blank as death. But there stand in front of them was a lady...

The lady was holding not just a simple knife but from an assassin's. She wore a sinister smile that could hide dark intentions, she was laughing or chuckling lightly...

She then turned to the little girl, still wearing that smile and said,

You're just weak like your parents! Hah!~

You're too emotional for this, why don't I end your sufferings through killing you?~

You're too late~

I'll just kill the whole family, no big deal~

Why... Why can I heard these things?!

But one line struck me the most...

It's your fault you couldn't save them~

In that moment, I noticed the little child was not moving. Her hands was clutched as if she was trying to hold back.

Run away, you idiot, Go!!!! You'll do something you will regret!

But no, the girl didn't listen, she was now walking towards the lady, head was hung low.

After she was in front of her, the child smiled and said,

"This day will be your last day from working in this house,

You're fired..."

Then she swiftly took the knife from the lady, went from the back then jumped, and stabbed the back of her neck.

The lady was too shocked to move, thinking that a child could never done this, hiding the extreme bloodlust and finishing the target. Only a few and true assassin can be able to do that.

Blood now covered in her hands and the feeling of dissatisfaction came. The little girl hold the chin of the lady and said,

Tsk tsk tsk.... I thought you were a skilled assassin, onee-sama. But I was impressed that you were able to fool us. Applying as a maid when you're a filthy snake underneath. Eee, you must be punished...~

To death...."

She kicked the lady's face that no child can do, retrieved the knife. She stabbed it into the lady's chest, right into her heart, then twisted the knife.

"Ara... Where's your confidence earlier?~ I thought you'll gonna kill my whole family, onee-sama.. " She pouted like it was nothing.

"Demon girl..." The lady said as she coughed blood.

"Hey, you said one should not say like those words, onee-sama. But... Hmm... Maybe I am because...

you're gonna go to hell with me~"

She took the knife again then sliced the lady's neck until a gush of blood poured out.

"Goodnight, O-N-E-E-S-A-M-A~"

She giggled like there was no tomorrow but I was horrified because once she met my (E/C) eyes like the same as hers, I was now holding the knife. I was the one who were laughing. I was also covered in blood. And I....

Was the small little girl who killed this psychotic lady...

-Dream ends-

I jolt up from my bed, afraid of what I've dreamed.

A nightmare. It's just a nightmare...

Or is it?

Shivers ran down through my spine as I cleared my head. I tried to forget it, tried to bury it but....

It always haunts me when night comes.

As I was clearing my mind and breathe slowly, I heard a creak from my door.

"Who's there?..."

Go ask again, (Y/N). It always starts like this in horror movies...

As I was about to answer my sassy subconscious, the door opened revealing Akira and Yuu.

"Akira? Yuu? Why are you up so late?" I asked as I watched them get closer in my bed.

"Nothing, onee-chan. It's just that Yuu and I had troubled sleeping..." Akira explained.

"We are?" Yuu asked as he yawned.

"Yes, we are." Akira looked at him, her eyes indicating something. "Oh, yes we are, onee-chan" Yuu said as he nodded.

I just chuckled and said to them, "Here... Come sleep with me." as I pat the bed.

They hurriedly went to each side of me and hugged me while laying on the bed.

"Did you had... a nightmare, onee-chan?" Akira asked as she yawned.

I froze but I decided to not make them worry about me.

"Hn... No, not really. I was just worried because I think I saw something under the bed."

"Eh??? Really? Then I shall be your protector, onee-chan." Yuu declared as he again yawned but there's still a hint of fear in his voice.

"No need to, Yuu, because the guardian angles are now beside me." I smiled as I felt the sleepiness taking over me.

"Really?... I must be a cute angel" Akira slowly said as she felt her eyes being closed.

"She's not talking about you, Akira nee-chan..." Yuu argued as he fell asleep and lightly snores.

I laughed silently as I kissed their foreheads, "Goodnight, Akira, Yuu. Sweet dreams"

I said as the darkness came again and fell into a peaceful sleep.