Dry Humor

*edited*

Chapter 24

Nevaeh's POV•

When I got back into the pack house and up into our room, I began to fling every article of clothing I could find into a suitcase. While sobbing. I was pathetic, I know.

The front door slammed shut and I widened my eyes, quickly shutting my suitcase and opening the window, I leapt out of the window. As soon as my feet hit the ground, I ran.

Unfortunately I didn't get very far because when I turned my head Jordan, the Delta, was holding onto both my wrists, forcing me to drop my suitcase.

"Arden, I got her!" He shouted, never taking his eyes off of me. Goddess I just want to leave, so I closed my eyes and concentrated on my hands, forcing all the energy I had to flood towards my hand. Which it worked, and my hands began to heat up, until soon Jordan's hands began to sizzle, he made a face and flinched backwards. Swearing under his breath and yanking his hands off of me.

"Crap, did you just burn me?"

"Yeah, sorry dude." I said quickly, picking up my suitcase and continuing to run into the forest.

"Arden dude. She just fricking burned me with her hands!"

"Sorry, go to the pack doctor, I've got a plan." I heard Arden say from behind me. Confused on what he meant until,

"Nevaeh!"

I turned around with wide eyes to face my sister, holding hands with her mate. Reef gave me a sad look.

"Where are you going?"

"I, uh.-"

"Please don't leave me.." her face dropped and she let go of Reef, taking a few steps towards me. I gave a heavy sigh and rubbed the back of my neck, Goddess this isn't making it easy for me. Ever so slowly, I dropped my suitcase on the ground and Adi sprinted towards me, flinging her arms around me and hugging me tightly, I picked her up and hugged her back while Reef picked up my suitcase and brought it to Arden.

With a heavy sigh, I walked back towards the group with my sister in my arms, glancing up at Jordan.

"Sorry dude, put that under cold water."

He halfway chuckled.

"Naw, it's fine it's pretty much healed now." I nodded my head at him and set down my sister who clung to Reef while Arden grabbed my arm and helped me back inside.

"If you would've listen sweetie you would've heard the rest of my sentence saying I would never reject you." He said softly, making me feel like and idiot. Of course that's the case, the real reason! Make me feel freaking stupid..

Akira sighed at me, laying down contently in the corner of my mind. I just stuck my tongue out at her.

Arden waved a hand in front of my face.

"I'll never leave you Vae." I gave a small smile and nodded my head.

"Okay."

          ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I woke up to Arden staring at me in awe. His finger gently stroking my cheek bone, his eyes lit with curiosity. "ZMorning babez." I mumbled, my words slurring ever so slightly. Arden answered me with a small grin. "So cute." He murmured, kissing my right temple lightly.

The moment shattered when he sat up and slowly slid out of bed.

Damn males.. always ruining things..