Hidden

*edited*

Chapter 12

Nevaeh's POV

"Arden, Arden. Arden! Put me down!"

My ass of a Mate just gave me this look, his other hand fumbling at the lock on our door. He grunted, then walked inside, after locking the door, he carried me upstairs.

"Damnit Arden! I can walk on my own!"

"Shush. I'm aware you can." He said softly, his eyes studying me as he very slowly set me down on the bed.

As soon as he did, I scrambled to my feet. Great, now I can go back outside and talk to our pack, talk to the doctors, possibly the higher ranks. We need to discuss about what happened in the woods, we need to protect our territory more from Reefs pack of Rogues. I really don't want to deal with them.

Suddenly I was pulled back down onto the bed, kisses planted along my jawline. I sucked in a breath, completely unprepared for this.

"Arden what are you doing? Let me go."

He shook his head, pulling me back into the bed, under the covers, and pressed tightly against him causing me to squirm.

"Cuddle." He purred, his eyes fluttering shut.

"You seriously want to cuddle after what just happened!"

He nodded and pulled me closer, and I figured out there was no way out of this, so I let out a sigh. Arden shifted around so that his face was buried into the crook of my neck, his arms wrapped around my torso as he lay on top of me. I could heard his heart beating in my ear, his breath on the back of my neck. His thumb gingerly brushed my shirt upwards, then traced the bare skin. My fingers brushed the nape of his neck, it was calming, and before I knew it. I was in a deep deep sleep.

              ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

              ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

When I woke up, Arden was no longer in bed with me, like usual. So I grumbled and stood up, walking towards the bathroom, I turned on the shower, stripped and hopped in.

After the shower, I threw on some clothes and did my makeup and hair.

With a satisfied nod, I fixed my necklace and walked out of the bathroom and down the spiral staircase

With a satisfied nod, I fixed my necklace and walked out of the bathroom and down the spiral staircase. When I stepped into the kitchen, the smell of coffee drafted towards me, and I inhaled.

"Mmmmh" I groaned and stumbled forward, pouring myself a cup.

I found a hand on my waist and in alarm I jumped up, flipping around in the air so I could wrap my legs around their neck. The figure fell to the ground.

"Oh goddess Arden."

When I let go and got off of him, he made a gasping sound and sat up rubbing his neck.

"Heck Vae, you could've killed me!"

"It was an accident. I don't usually see you until tonight. Not during the day, especially in the mornings." I hadn't even realized I had snarled my words until I saw the hurt look in his face, and I let out a sigh.

"Look I'm sorry-"

"No I'm sorry, I'm spending the day with you."

"You don't have to Arden-"

"No I had planned this last night when you fell asleep."

"No, it's fine, you have Alpha duties, I'll just watch Addy for today."

"She's playing with a few of her friends, Alli, Jade, and Anna."

"I'll just watch them-"

"No Nevaeh."

I gave up trying to argue and nodded my head, before grabbing my cup again and sitting down at the table, Arden sitting himself across from me.

"After this I have to go outside and talk to some people-"

"You aren't going outside." He said it so casually, he didn't even look up at me from eating his toast.

"Ex-fucking-cuse me?"

"We are both staying in here, I can leave if it's urgent. You cannot."

"Why the hell not?" I slammed my fist down on the table, causing my coffee to spill slightly.

"If you haven't noticed, people are after you."

"No dip Sherlock."

He shot me a glare and stood up, taking care of my coffee and his plate. When he came back, he curled his hand in mine and brought me back upstairs and to his office, sitting me down on a blue beanbag chair.

"You'll stay with me today Nevaeh. Don't argue with me."

With that, he began to do paperwork, not daring to look up at me.

"You're an ass you know that right?" Again he didn't look up at him, basically, he ignored me.

I muttered profanities under my breath which only made him raise an eyebrow.

"Oh So now you freaking hear me. Fuck off."

"Nevaeh Renae Grace, I'm trying to protect you and get some work done. Would you please calm yourself and let me do this? Goddess.."

"Oh quit being such a dick."

"Don't disrespect your Alpha."

"Your my mate Ar, not my Alpha. I don't have to listen to you."

"It'd be advised to listen to me Nevaeh."

"The more snappy and witchy you get the less I want to even acknowledge what ever the hell is coming out of that big mouth of yours."

"Would you quit your fucking whining."

"You saw me out there Arden! You saw me fucking electrocute a guy! What the hell suddenly makes you think I can't do anything?!"

"Because I refuse to lose you."

"You won't! That's my whole point!"

"Nevaeh, I've had enough of hearing you whine. Now please be quiet, you aren't leaving this house and that's final."

Arden turned his attention back onto his papers, he continued to mind link people about his oh so special Alpha duties.

And me?

I just sat there and glared at my mate. Who was being a complete jerk to me, what I really wanted to do was claw at that pretty face of his.

I do not care that I'm his mate. No wolf deserves this. I don't care.