Chapter One - Effects From the Wipeout

K.O. didn't know how long it's been since everything became chaos. He didn't know if it had been one month or one year, heck, he didn't even know what day it was at this point. He seemed to lose track of time since his mom went missing and he got lost.

He sighed, staring at the wall as he lied on his bed made of cardboard boxes and carpet. He heard Potato and Colewort's voices from behind him, making him slightly relieved. They were the only friends he had since he got lost, and he didn't know what he would do if he didn't have them around.

He rolled over to face Potato and Colewort, who were talking to each other. It made him feel good to know that at least they were happy to be with each other. He wished he were with Enid and Rad, but he didn't know what had happened to them or where they went.

He'd also wished that Dendy was still around. He'll never forget the moment that he saw her body decapitated and her guts spilled everywhere across the ground not too long after he found Potato and Colewort.

He remembers how distraught and horrified he was at the sight of her being dead. It wasn't just because it was extremely gruesome, it was because he was hoping with all his life that she was still alive and that she could help them through this.

His memory shifted the day that the majority of the world's heroes were wiped out that he got severely hurt when the villains found the base everyone was hiding in after the nuke was unleashed. He smiled a tiny bit at the memory, knowing Enid cared enough about him to attack the villain that was hurting him.

It was funny now to him. It was funny how he thought of many ways to prevent the attack after it happened. He found it pathetic how he ran and hid instead of doing something. Of course he'd run away, he was only a child that was 6 - 11 years old.

K.O. sat up and looked at the bandages on his arms and leg and sighed. Since all of this has been going on, K.O.'s been harming himself whenever he got the chance. Though since he got caught by Potato, he's been doing it a lot less, but does it occasionally when everything becomes too much to bear.

He was at least grateful Potato gave him the bandages to wrap around his cuts. It made him smile to know that Potato and Colewort cared about him as a friend and not just a person to protect them and keep them alive.

While K.O. was grateful for those two being around, he'd be lying if he said he wasn't lonely. Life has been basically a living hell since the wipeout, and at this point K.O. didn't really care. The only reason he wasn't just waltzing outside and shouting at the villains that he was alive and out there was because of Potato and Colewort.

K.O. just continued to be lost in his thoughts, when he heard Potato shout his name. "Hey, K.O., come here!" She shouted, motioning him toward her and Colewort.

K.O. stood up and walked toward them, sitting down on the ground once he was next to them. "Yeah?" He asked, crossing his legs. "What is it?"

"Colewort found a building that recently closed and has a bunch of food in the back. I was wondering if when it gets dark out, since we're low on food, if we can sneak out and grab some?" Potato asked nervously. "Maybe while we're out we can see if we can find anything to use for supplies, too."

K.O. sighed. He really didn't like being the leader of the group without anyone to help him. He found it funny how he used to love training and whenever someone would look up to him, but now being the leader was just really was something he completely dreaded and despised.

"It depends," he responded, hiding the annoyance in his voice. "What time do you want to leave?"

"I was thinking about midnight," Potato said, looking at the digital clock over on the other side of the room, which K.O. still regrets taking out of Dendy's hackpack.

"Yeah, that way there's not many villains out and we can get around without being spotted," Colewort said, getting in the conversation. "Shouldn't be too hard, right?"

"We still have to be cautious and it's still going to be better to bring our weapons," K.O. said. "We can never be too careful out there."

The two nodded as K.O. went to get the stuff they'd need to go out. He honestly didn't like going out at all, but sometimes he needs to.

Even if he doesn't want to.

(A/N) Welcome to my AU that you'll learn more about later on in this book! Also this is going to be a series! And have books longer than 8 chapters! I'll try to keep them short but long books, maybe 20ish chapters? I'm not sure yet, honestly

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and comment, tell me what you think, and I'll see you in the next one! ^.^