Chapter 18

A/n: Thank you guys so much for the 1.1k reads!!! I hope you guys love my story and keep in mind that the roles to be Cam, Nash, Carter, Aaron, and Shawn's gfs are still available! DM me or comment to me about yourself!

Warning: SELF HARM IN THIS CHAPTER!

~Courtney's POV~
Us girls were skating around the neighborhood and fooling around, me and Britney stayed behind the group talking because we didn't really talk much during her stay. "So Britney, how are you and hayes??" I said wiggling my eyebrows. she laughed "were good, but he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet. I'll keep waiting though because I really love him❤️" she said while looking at the sky. then it was silent, it was a good silent and we spread out our arms while boarding. the next thing I know I hear a car honk and Britney and I fell over. that was when everything blacked out.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I woke up to a bright light in my face, I saw sam in a chair next to me asleep, he had tears staining his cheeks. I look around and noticed it was a hospital room. I shook sam awake. "sam...sam wake up." I said, he woke up and he looked at me and his eyes went wide and he hugged me tightly. "sam what happened to britney?" I asked him, he looked down, "Courtney...shes.... I don't know how to say this...but she's in a coma... She was hit harder than you, she pushed you slightly so you wouldn't get as hurt as her, the car just drove off and the other girls called 911 and us... and there's no telling when she'll wake up." he said. I bursted into tears, this is all my fault, we decided to stay a bit far behind, and now she's in a coma because of me. "this... this is all my f-f-fault, we sh-shoul-should have stayed with the group" I said between sobs. "No Courtney it isn't your fault she chose to keep you safe... let's just stay strong for her." He said. I just kept crying. "where is everyone else?" I asked him "they're back at home they only let one person stay. so I stayed here." I wonder how long I was out for... "sam how long was I out for?" I asked him and I finally stopped crying, "you were out for a week, and I stayed here with you the whole time." I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek, "thank you sam, your the best boyfriend I have ever had, and when can i go see Britney?" I said to him. "let's go see her right now, she's two rooms down." sam handed me some crutches because I broke my leg and I had a huge cut on my right arm. we went over to Britney's room and saw hayes Laying in the bed with her. his face red and also stained with tears, his eyes were puffy, I felt so bad for him. I knew he loves her but never has told her. "Hayes?" I said to him quietly, he looked up, and saw me " Courtney I'm so glad your alright." he said. I smiled to him, but when I looked over at Britney, my heat broke...she looked dead already, she has her hair sprawled everywhere, both her legs and arms were in cast, and her head was wrapped, her heart monitor slowly beeping, I couldn't help but think that I have caused this, it's all my fault. I'm so stupid. if only it were me instead of her, she still has her whole life ahead of her, she always wanted to live in LA with Sadie, Mikaylah, and Lillie. She wanted to become a professional cook, work in a good restaurant, and do YouTube videos at the same time, while I already lived my life, I deserve to be there... Not her, I wish, i wish that was me instead. Her heart monitor was going slower and slower, hayes saw it too, we all panicked and pressed the button to call for the doctor many times, the doctor came flying in with lots of nurses trailing behind him. they took Britney's bed away and wheeled it to surgery, hayes began to cry again, he couldn't stop, no...no this can't be happening... what will happen if she does leave us... what would happen to hayes... more importantly what will all of us do? I began to cry also. hayes then stood up "COURTNEY THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!! IF ONLY YOU TWO WOULD HAVE STAYED THEN SHE WOULDN'T BE DYING RIGHT NOW!!! THAT SHOULD BE YOU NOT HER!!!" He screamed at me. "HAYES STOP THIS ISNT LIKE YOU! YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN! THIS ISNT COURTNEY'S FAULT EITHER! AND DONT YOU DARE SAY THAT THAT SHOULD BE HER IN THERE!!!" Sam yelled back. "no sam... he's right... it's all my fault and that should be me in there not her..." I then limped out of the room and left the hospital, I was already changed, I hailed a taxi and went back to the house, when i opened the door, everyone looked at me while I just ran upstairs and locked myself in my room, took off the razor from my pencil sharpener, and hid in my small room in the closet. I locked that door too. my laptop was still in here because I never took it out. I pulled up the sleeves to my sweater and put the razor against my skin, 1 cut for being stupid, 1 cuts for Britney dying, 1 cut for hayes being right, 1 cut for me being me, and 1 last cut for a punishment to myself. I just laid there on the ground... the blood seeping through my skin ad dripping down my arm and onto the could floor, my vision started to get blurry, I heard people banging on my door, finally they got in and then everything blacked out.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I woke up, still in the same place that I was when I passed out, blood staining parts of my sweater... I opened my laptop and connected to the cameras that the girls and I set up for our prank last week. I saw everyone in the living room, crying, pacing, fiddling with their fingers, and other things. I saw sam, he was crying so hard. then I saw hayes... I zoomed in on him and he was mumbling to himself... I enhanced the audio and heard what he was mumbling..." I shouldn't have said that to Courtney this is all my fault that we can't find her... I was just so upset... I shouldn't have been mad at her..." I unlocked the door to the entrance of my hiding place and went to get my first aid kit. I bandaged my arms up and closed the door and made sure my hiding place was hidden. I went downstairs and everyone looked at me. they all embraced me in a big group hug. I hugged back and began to cry. I've cried so much today... "Courtney I'm so sorry that I yelled at you like that... you know I didn't mean all that right...?" hayes said to me. "yes hayes I know... you were just upset... I did agree with you though it should have been me in that bed not Britney." i said back to him, he shook his head no "no it shouldn't be anyone in that bed, but Britney is alright, her heart moved in a bad position causing her heart rate to go down, but she's fine now." he said, we stood hugging for awhile, just holding each other, letting the other one know that it's going to be alright. " The doctors will call us when she wakes up, and hopefully it will be soon." he says. "Courtney...where were you the whole time I was so worried, I thought you ran away somewhere or something." I looked at him then looked down at the floor, I pulled my sleeve up and showed him my fresh cuts..."Courtney...why...?" sam said, he looked like he was about to burst into tears again, "cause it's all my fault, everything is..." I said almost inaudibly, but Sam heard it. He kissed each cut, not caring if it was bloody or not. I couldn't replace sam for anyone... he's the one who got away... but came back.

A/n: so there's the new chapter. I know I made myself go into a coma and almost died, but I felt like I didn't have enough of sad emotions to balance out everything. so remember there are still roles to sign up for just comment

Here

Or DM me
Thank you again for the 1.1k reads!!! I hope you guys are enjoying this book so keep voting and commenting on the chapters peace out Girl Scout~ mystery