SOL...YWMA [Ch. 21]

Previously: "Why do you mess with her?" I asked Quentin, about Andrea. "It's funny seeing her get so easily annoyed by me," he answered simply. Being single is like being selfish without having to feel awful about it. Being single sometimes isn't all it is hyped up to be. Sometimes, you want someone you can hug and kiss anytime you want and no one will look at you weird about it. "Sure he may still want to have sex with you, and that may be the reasons for his flirting, but as far as his feelings for you, I think they're gone. I think you're trying to light a match that's reached its end," Quentin finished.

Chapter 21

Quentin's phone rang. He removed one hand from the steering wheel and dug into his pocket to get it. "Yeah," he answered. I looked away from him and looked out the window. Andrea, Quentin and I are in Quentin's car. I offered to give Andrea the front seat, but she insisted on me sitting here.

I'd prefer sitting in the back due to wanting to be along with my thoughts. But hey, maybe it's a good thing I'm not alone with them, because who knows what things would surface. Maybe I'd suddenly get the urge to slap everyone's name that pops up in my head or something. Haha, wow, I got issues...sometimes. "Okay, no problem. I'll be there in a few," he hung up the phone.

"So, I guess we're not going to your place as planned," I spoke to him, although I continued looking out the window. We had decided to hang out at Quentin's house for the time being, mostly because he wanted to put his school stuff up.

"You're guessing is correct. Brent wants my help with something and it won't take too long," he informed Andrea and I. I sat silently as we drove toward Brent Daniels' house, or more specifically, Courtney's house. I haven't seen or spoken to her all day. This should be interesting.

"Just a heads up, Cory's there as well," Quentin verified for me. Oh, just great. This should definitely be interesting. I didn't bother replying, seeing that he already knew what was going on in my head.

Andrea laughed softly in the seat behind me. "Let's stop at a store. I'm definitely going to need some popcorn for this," she joked. I shook my head and rolled my eyes. Quentin glanced at her quickly before looking back at the street.

When he faced forward, I noticed an amused smile on his face. "Nothing's going to happen, Andrea," I let her know. It's true; nothing major is going to happen, as long as Courtney tells the truth and doesn't try to blame our whole situation on me. Yep, as long as that doesn't happen, then nothing's going to happen.

We pulled into Courtney's driveway, next to a car I recognized as Cory's. I took a deep breath. I wonder where his thoughts are at since I saw him last. It's been a few hours since my little stunt I pulled in his office, I wonder if he's still thinking about it. When we made it inside, we was immediately greeting by a couple of male voices coming from the living room area. I could hear them before I could see them.

I see Brent Daniels has a few friends over. Quentin was the first to make his way into the area. A bunch of large and loud greetings shouted through the air towards him.

"Quentin! What took you so long?"

"Hey! How was boring school?"

"Is this your girlfriend?" I was shocked by the last question, wondering who they were talking about. Noticing I'd been looking down the entire time, I looked up to see Andrea was standing in the living room doorframe, a few feet away from Quentin. I wasn't near her. I was standing off to the side, so they didn't see me. To be honest, I'm glad they couldn't see me.