SOL...YWMA [Ch. 14]

Sooner or Later…You’ll Want Me Again

Previously: Things between Cory and I are unresolved. And I’m not so sure I want it to stay unresolved. And if he doesn’t want to venture into this danger zone on his own, then I’ll just have to remind him why he wanted me to be his girlfriend. Just wait Cory, sooner or later…you’ll want me again.

Chapter 14

While Cory stood by nonchalantly, I examined his bedroom. It looked completely different from his room five years ago. Everything seems so mature.

There was a little area towards the far wall-passed his king sized bed-that had wooden walls with the ceiling above it wooden also, giving that part of the room a den look. There was a mini bar, with two stools set up against the wall.

I shook my head at the fact that he has a bar in his bedroom. Seriously, I shouldn’t even be surprised at it. I walked over to the bed to get a look at it. It looked very comfortable.

The thickness of the covers and pillows made the bed look even more inviting. I sat on the foot of the bed, leaning back onto my hands.

“You know,” I began. “Everyone seems thinks that you only invited me here to get some action, or the more forward word, sex.”

“Is that so,” he stated simply while leaning against a wall in front of me, which happens to be where a flat screen television was hanging. He put his hands in his pants’ front pockets and eyed me carefully. “And what do you think?” he queried.

I sighed. “Well, years ago I would’ve agreed with everyone else, but I don’t know how to answer that now,” I admitted. I then began to remove my heels in an attempt to get more comfy.

The corners of his mouth twitched as he looked at me. “Trust me, if I invited you here just for sex then we would’ve started as soon as you walked through my door. We would’ve made our way up here while I removed every piece of fabric off your body…” he pushed himself off the wall and sauntered toward me.

“I would’ve laid you on this bed…” he gestured to the bed just as he stopped once he was a reasonable distance away from me.

He looked at me, a sly smirk appearing on his face. “And you would’ve had the best night of your life,” he said, his voice full of amusement due to his obvious feeling of jubilance.

I chuckled as I finally got a glimpse of the Cory I remember; his cockiness beginning to show. “Are you sure about that? I mean, I’ve had a few incredible nights over the past years,” I joked.

“You wouldn’t even remember those nights after I’m done with you,” he answered pragmatically. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“You talk a big game,” I responded casually, looking up to him.

“Because I can,” he answered doubtlessly, obviously confident in himself and his skills in the bedroom. “I wanted to show you something,” he said not a moment later.

I gasped in mock shock. “So the truth is revealed! I knew you didn’t invite me here just to give me a tour,” I joked. Cory shook his head and turned away from me, walking towards what I think is a closet.

“You’re still weird, I see,” he mumbled, but loud enough for me to hear. He opened it and walked in. Not a minute later he came back out holding a small, tan, shopping bag. “Here,” he said while handing it to me.