SOL...YWMA [Ch. 36]

Previously: Isyss learned that Brent Daniles came from humbling beginnings, which she admired about it. Cory shows up, angered at Isyss because he believes she's two timing him, even though they're not together. He calls her a cheater and so on. Isyss gets on his case about just talking to her about it instead of accusing her. Of course, Cory is on a roll so there's no convincing him otherwise. Isyss friendzoned him, and he was not thrilled about it.

Chapter 36

"Alright! Alright! Quentin, truth or dare?" Courtney questioned once all our laughter died down.

Yes.

We're playing truth or dare. The Go-To game for all friendly gathers. It all started when Courtney randomly asked Cory truth or dare, and it's been going on ever since. I was sat comfortably on the floor with my back against the couch. Quentin is next to me, but on the couch. On the opposite couch was the lovely couple, and in the chair was Cory.

"Truth," Quentin replied.

"Wuss," Cory added in with a sly smirk on his face. Quentin looked towards the name caller and raised his eyebrow.

"I'd rather be a wuss than puss," Quentin shot back, causing Cory's eyebrows to shut up in immediate humor.

"Nice rhyme there, Dr. Seuss. Write any children's books lately?" Cory fired back without hesitation. I sighed, a little annoyed by their banter. Really, guys? This again?

"Okay, let's just get back to the game'—"

"You know, you've been a grouch for the past few days, Cory," Quentin started, cutting of Brent Daniels' attempt at getting the topic back on the game. "What's wrong, man? It seems like nothing pleases you," he added on. Anyone would think he was being caring, but really, he knows exactly why Cory's been in a sour mood.

"Well, that's not true. I just got some Queen Burger coupons in the mail that I'm pretty excited about," Cory answered in a tone that showed he wasn't truly thrilled. Quentin tried to fight his smile as he shook his head, all traces of irritation completely gone. I, on the other hand, rolled my eyes at his comment.

I swear, he can turn any negative comment around in a millisecond. It's like a superpower. He'd have a corny name like...Captain Comeback or Witty-Man. I sighed.

Man...

I wish I had superpowers.

I wish I could teleport. That would be awesome. I wouldn't have to wait in traffic or get on those God awful planes. Hell, I wouldn't even walk. Um...I wonder if I should have another superpower. You know, in case I have to safe the people and stuff. Oh! I'll have the power of a death glare. Everyone's heard of the phrase "If looks could kill", will it'll be literal for me.

All I'll have to do is stare angrily at you and wish death upon you and boom! You're dead. Yeah, I'd like that. And the best part is, I won't have to lift a finger. I'll just stare you down. Man, I'll be living the best Superhero life ever; being able to teleport and kill someone with a glance.

Umm, now that I think about it, I'd be the laziest Superhero ever. But, no one will complain because I'll be saving their lives and stuff.

"Earth to Isyss," and voice broke me from my thoughts and I realized the talking around me had stopped. Quentin moved his hand away from my face, since he was waving in the front of my eyes. I blinked to gain my sense of reality.

Everyone's eyes were on me, waiting patiently for me to speak.

"What?" I questioned. They, minus Cory, all chuckled at my cluelessness. He, however, just stared down at his watch. The same exact watch he was wearing a few days ago. I wonder if that's his favorite.