SOL...YWMA [Ch. 2]

Previously:  Five years have passed. “Please help me welcome the most talked about superstar of her time, Isyss Dulay!” Kathy Frazier announced. Quentin said his girlfriend’s name is Michelle; they met in college, and are now living together. Courtney King’s an author of a romance novel called Sooner or Later…We’ll Be Together. As of Cory…yeah, I don’t really know what’s going on with him. As I read the words that are perfectly sculpted into the card, my eyes nearly popped out of my head. “WHAT THE HELL?! YOU’RE GETTING MARRIED?!” I shouted to the person on the other end. I have to get home…now!

Chapter 2

“Um…who’s this?” the voice on the other end asked.

“IT’S ISYSS!” I shouted back, still in shock.

“Isyss? Hey! How ya’ been?”

“I’M FINE! HOW ARE YOU?!”

“I’m doing great actually. Um, why are you shouting?”

“BECAUSE—because I’m still in shock at the fact that I have an engagement party invitation from you,” I tell him, calming my voice. I could basically here the smile creep onto his face.

“Yeah, she’s the one for me,” he explained. I was about to coo at this until I realized that I was still a little angry at the fact that I found out through a freaking card. I can’t believe they had to give me the news through a card. Yeah, I know that my number changes consecutively and if I called more often maybe I would’ve known sooner, but…well, I guess I can’t blame them after all.

“Where is she?” I asked Brent Daniels. He said she was, in his words, “in her zone” while writing. I told him I didn’t care, and her book could wait. I heard muffled noises coming through the line along with footsteps.

I heard someone clear their throat before speaking into the phone. “Hello?” she asked. Her voice sounds the same as I remembered.

“Congratulations,” I announce to my bestfriend. I could practically hear the gigantic smile that spread across her face. I relaxed in the seat as the limo continued driving smoothly. I swear, this limo driver is a pro, rarely does he ever roll over bumps or pot holes.

“Isyss! Oh my goodness! I feel like we haven’t talked in forever. Thank you.”

“I’m really happy for you,” I tell her honestly. Out of the three of us, meaning Quentin, Courtney, and myself, I knew that Courtney would be the first to get married. She just has that persona about her, you know, living happily with a loving husband and kids? Yeah, that would be her.

“Thanks. I’m still in shock that Brent proposed to me,” she said with a giggle. I laughed at her girlish before telling her to inform me on how it happened. She said that they went out to dinner one night to an extremely fancy restaurant, and at first it seemed like a regular dinner. But then he started talking to her about how much he loved and he wants to spend the rest of the night with her.

She says she didn’t put too much thought into his acting strange because they’ve always talked about spending their lives together. “Then he proposed?” I asked her.