SOL...YWMA [Ch. 16]

Sooner or Later...You'll Want Me Again

Previously: Quentin, Andrea, and I are at Courtney and Brent Daniels' house. They invited everyone over for lunch. They wanted to grab something to eat before we start our search for a wedding cake. As I began following my bestfriends, Brent Daniels, and Andrea towards the car we were riding in, until I was stopped by someone grabbing my arm. When I turned, I saw Cory gesturing for me to follow him. "Ride with me," he suggested. "Okay, what are we gonna talk about?" I questioned. "Let's talk about the reason you left so suddenly last night," he said. Oh, so he wants to know that I left so I could leave him wanting more. He wants to know that I left because I wanted him to get a taste of me leaving on my own terms. He wants to know that the reason I left was because I was starting up my plan...my plan to make him want me again.

Chapter 16

I shrugged my shoulders, playing my little scheme as casually as I could. "Well, I didn't want your girlfriend wondering why some strange woman was in your house, let alone in your bedroom," I replied back.

"Oh really?" he chuckled as he looked at me suspiciously out the corner of his eye.

"Mmhmm," I continued on with my little story.

"You, my friend, are a pretty little liar," he stated while he drove. He had his left hand placed on top of the steering wheel, while the other was sitting on the gear shirt stick that was between our seats.

"Only two things in that sentence are true. Yes, I'm your friend. Yes, I'm pretty. But no, I'm not a liar."

"Then what would you call yourself doing?" he asked, entertaining my behavior. I shrugged my shoulders again and looked out the windshield. I noticed Brent Daniels' car get in the left turning lane, which caused Cory to do the same.

I wonder if Cory knows where's he's going, or if he's just following the others. I know, it's a random question, but it's still legitimate. "I'd say," I began, getting my thoughts back on the topic at hand. "I'm an excellent story teller."

I heard Cory make a sound that sounded like he was curious. "Well, here's my theory to your story; I think you were just trying to tease me by leaving so suddenly," he informed me. He had a hint of amusement in his voice that was familiar.

I looked to him and saw him glance my way. "Now how would me leaving be a tease to you?" I asked, playing clueless. Damn it, he's caught on to my scheme. I forgot how observant he can be sometimes.

"Oh, I'm more than certain you know why," he answered in a 'you can't fool me' manner. I rolled my eyes in return.

"I don't actually, hints my question," I replied, to which he laughed back. I stopped for a moment to just listen to his laugh. It wasn't a loud and powerful laugh, more like a soft and hidden one.

"All I'm going to say is, you're going to have to do more than then that to get this," he teased, gesturing, over sexually, at his body. I can't help but laugh out loud at his behavior.

"And what makes you think I want any of that?" I questioned, doing the exact same gesture toward him that he just did.

Cory snorted as if my question was the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard. "Come on, look at me. Every female wants some of this," he acknowledged as if it was obvious. I laughed at this. He turned to look at me, a smile on his face, before turning back to the road.

After all the laughter died down, the silence spread. I looked towards the car in front of us and noticed them making a right turn, causing us to do the same. I clear my throat before speaking, "So, tell me more about this girlfriend of yours."