SOL...YWMA [Ch. 30]

Previously: It's official! Sandy and Cory are officially broken up. Isyss can't help but believe that it was her fault. She feels guilty, especially when Sandy admits to being I love with Cory, which is unknown to me. Andrea asked -without asking- Isyss if Quentin's asked about her. When Isyss suggest asking him, Andrea brushes it off as if it's not important. Isyss soon gets a phone call from Quentin, whom is with the other three guys. Cory eventually gets on the phone and starts explaining the Sandy situation. He vaguely mentions that Sandy isn't the woman he wants. He discreetly makes sly remarks that makes Isyss think he's referring to her, but of course, he doesn't come straight out and says it. After they hang up, Cory sends a text message to Isyss. Just three words, but hold so much power: I want you.

Chapter 30

I woke up early, barely able to keep my eyes closed due to my thoughts. Cory's text kept appearing every time I closed my eyes. All sorts of possibilities surfaced because of his bold message; possibilities that I've been waiting for a while now. But for some strange reason, now that it's in arms reach, I'm nervous to grab it.

It just seems too good to be true, I guess. I was so stumped by his message that I couldn't ponder a response. Pitiful? I know. But hey, don't judge me, I've been through some things.

Freaking Cory. He's the only freaking guy that can make me feel so freaking nervous about freaking texting him back. How the hell does he freaking do that? I sighed in annoyance.

"Freaking Cory," I complained childishly. I looked toward the TV that I was currently not paying much attention to while sitting on the couch. I heard a yawn and turned toward it. Courtney. She was dressed in pajama pants —that were decorated with little, yellow, ducks on it— and an oversized t-shirt that must belong to Brent Daniels.

"What are you doing?" she yawned as she spoke, and scratched the back of her head. She sat on the couch next to me.

"On a spaceship going to Neptune to escape evil villain Dr. Think-Fast-Or-Die," I answered without missing a beat. She looked at me weirdly.

"What? No you're not. You're watching TV."

"Then why'd you ask what I was doing when it's so obvious," I retaliated. Seriously, why do people do that?

"I meant, what are you doing up so early?" she corrected herself with an eye roll. I shrugged my shoulders and turned back to the TV.

"Couldn't sleep," I admitted. Courtney didn't respond back. She, instead, reached for the remote and looked to me for go. I shrugged my shoulders again, and she leaned into the couch before flipping through the channels.

Through her channel scanning, a picture of me flashes over the screen. Courtney quickly goes back to that precise channel, curious to see what was being said about me. It was an entertainment news channel. The reporter has short, blonde, bone straight hair. Her overly tanned skin makes her white blouse almost look tan itself.

"You won't believe which two celebrities were spotted having a lunch date. That's right, people! Supermodel Isyss Dulay and actor Mark James were seen dining together on more than one occasion. 'The two seems to be having a great time!' others in the restaurant stated," the reporter, Amy Whin, announced.

There were several pictures of Mark and I sitting at our table. In one particular one, we were smiling and laughing while looking at each other.

"Word has not been said whether or not the two are dating, but they do look pretty comfortable together. So, what do you guys think? Is there a new celebrity couple forming as we speak? I personally think they'd make an adorable duo. Send us your thoughts on if you think these two would make an amazing couple," Amy finished.