SOL...YWMA [Ch. 15]

Sooner or Later...You'll Want Me Again

Chapter 15

“So, let me get this straight, you went to Cory’s house last night?”

“Mmhm.”

“You went there, he opened the door, let you in….”

“Mmhm.”

“He gave you a tour…”

“Yep.”

“He, surprising, owns fishes…”

“Yes.”

“He gave you a very expensive looking bracelet…”

“Yes.”

“You took it?”

“Yes.”

“And…there was no hanky-panky the rest of the night?” Andrea asked after I told her and the others what happened last night. I rolled my eyes at her response before taking a sip of the lemonade that’s sitting next to my plate.

“Yeah,” I sighed. We’ve been at this for the past five minutes.

“Hmm,” Courtney responded thoughtfully. I watched her curiously as she sat across the table from me. Quentin, Andrea, and I are at Courtney and Brent Daniels’ house. They invited everyone over for lunch. They wanted to grab something to eat before we start our search for a wedding cake.

We decided on eating something first because we didn’t want to go tasting cakes on an empty stomach, one might end up eating the entire cake. Quentin and I are sitting on one side of the table, while Courtney and Andrea sat across from us.

Brent Daniels sat at the head of the table, while the other head of the table was empty. Courtney said that Cory was supposed to be here, but he seems to be running late.

“What’s that ‘hmm’ mean?” I questioned her. Courtney shrugged her shoulders before answering.

“I’m just wondering if that was such a good idea after all,” she replied simply before taking a fork full of lettuce into her mouth.

“My thoughts exactly,” Quentin spoke, taking a bite out of the bread roll that was in his hand.

“What’s wrong with me and Cory hanging out alone together? We’ve done it plenty of times before,” I asked the table. I honestly don’t see what the problem is.

“That’s not my concern,” Courtney stated. “It’s just…I know how you two can get when you’re around each other. I just don’t want anyone to get hurt…again,” she finished, a little cautious of her words. I stayed quiet for a moment, taking in what she said.

I looked to Brent Daniels, whom seemed deep in thought as he unconsciously moved his middle finger along the rim of his glass of water. It was then I realized that I’ve never actually paid too close attention to Brent Daniels before.

I’ve never stopped and just looked at him, until now, seeing him so zoned out and in his mind. He’s actually quite good-looking, definitely grown out of his boyish looks.

His hair almost seemed to glow a golden brown under the sunlight shining on him through the windows; his ocean blue eyes seeming to be staring at something that wasn’t actually there.

I then looked to my cousin, Andrea. She was looking between Courtney and I, probably waiting to see what will happen next. Quentin, on the other hand, was taking glances at everyone.

When I looked to Courtney again, she was pushing through her lettuce with her fork. I shrugged my shoulders, finally answering her concerns. “Thanks for caring, but we’re not teenagers anymore. I can handle myself,” I inform her confidently.