SOL...YWMA [Ch. 12]

Sooner or Later...You'll Want Me Again

Previously: For a moment Mark and I sat there, staring at each other. His blue eyes seemed to consume me, almost like hypnotism, and I didn't want to look away. It's weird, it's like I couldn't look away from those eyes if I wanted. There's something about them that draws you in. "Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever been star struck. I don't know what to say," Mark admitted. "You've been watching us?" I accused Courtney. "Well, you guys are sitting smack dab in the middle of the restaurant, I'm sure everyone's watching the two celebrities having lunch together," Courtney said. "I should go congratulate him on its success. Would you care to join me?" Mark continued. Sure Mark, I'll go congratulate the guy that I was in love with five years ago but didn't get together with because we decided to wait until we were sure we were going to give it one hundred percent, yep, sounds fun...

Chapter 12

Mark stood and held out his hand for me to grab. I grabbed it and he helped me to my feet. When we were both standing, he began leading me around the tables of people and toward the stage. There were whispers and stars coming from a few tables as we passed. People were questioning each other on rather we were actually who we were.

I sent waves to the few that waved toward me, as did Mark. When we were clear of the tables, Mark gently let go of my hand. As we grew closer to the trio, Courtney looked toward us with widen eyes and tapped Cory on his shoulder. She said something to him to make him turn toward Mark and myself.

Cory's eyes narrowed slightly when he saw me and Mark together. I decided not to wonder why he looked that way; another time for another place. When we were finally near the trio, Phillip was the first to greet us. "Hey! You're Mark James!" he started with an outstretched arm towards Mark. "I loved that recent action movie you were in," he continued.

Mark shook Phillips hand and said thanks. I looked to Courtney, who was currently admiring Mark with a gigantic smile on her face. Okay Courtney, please do not act like a crazed fan. "Oh my goodness, I'm totally in I love with you! Well, not in love because I'm already in love with someone. But I like you a lot, just not a lot to the point where it's like I'm cheating on my fiancé or anything like that. But I do think you're attractive, just not as-"

"Okay! This is my best friend, Courtney...who's obviously a fan of yours," I decided to jump in and interrupt her rant. Mark laughed and reached out his hand for her to shake.

"Nice to meet you," he greeted her with a chuckle. He then turned to Cory, who was suspiciously quiet as he watched everyone else's reaction to Mark. He stood with his arms crossed over his chest, as if patiently waiting for something. Mark turned toward Cory and, yet again, handed out his hand in greeting. "You're Cortland King right?" the English man asked Cory.

Cory glanced my way and arched an eyebrow, before turning to Mark. He reached out to shake his hand. "Indeed I am," he confirmed once the handshake was over.

"I just wanted to personally thank you for the exquisite meal," Mark thanked him. Cory furrowed his eyebrows for a split second, his mouth twitching from him holding back a smile. What's he laughing at? What's so funny?

"Thanks," Cory answered simply. "Satisfied customers are returning customers," he added on. He then looked to me. His eyes gave me a once over from head to toe before returning to my face again. "Isyss," he greeted me, friendly.

I nodded my head toward him. "Cory," I returned his rather odd greeting. Really? That's how we greet each other now? Just saying each other's first names? Gawd lee, look where knowing one another our entire lives gets us.

Mark looked to me in surprise. "You two know each other?" he asked me, seeming shocked yet interested.

"Of course," Cory answered with a sly smirk on his face as he looked at me. Something sparked in his eyes as he said that, but I couldn't really make out what it is. It almost looked mischievous...