SOL...YWMA [Ch. 35]

[AN: I did NOT proof read this chapter, so...yeah, there might be errors. Just remember to comment, vote, and most importantly, enjoy. ]

Courtney's wedding dress

Chapter 35

It's been two days since I've been with Cory. I haven't talked to him much either. I'm not avoiding him, but I don't know if he's avoiding me. We've been playing phone tag nonstop, so we've resorted to texting. But texting isn't anything compared to actually hearing the person's voice.

Getting to hear that smooth, flowing, rhythmic voice that's music to your ears.

The voice that's almost legato in its best form.

I sighed as I stared out the window as Courtney took the enormous, brown box from the mail carrier. I watched as she thanked him with a kind smile on her face. He smiled back and walked back to his truck. Courtney entered her house with an unbreakable smile. The box was so big that she had to hold her arms outstretched just to hold it.

"I wonder what this is?" she asked as she looked at her name written on the label for delivery. I gazed on in silence as she sat the box on the coffee table in front of me. She retrieved a razor blade from the draw inside the side table and quickly cut through the packing tape.

Once open, she pulled out another box. This box, however, was decorated in a way that I know only one person does it. I smiled as I looked at the white swirls engraved into the wooden box. Within the swirls was the name Walton Hicks.

My designer friend. I had messaged him about making a dress for Courtney and he finally finished it. Courtney gently raised the lid of the box off and immediately gasped.

Her eyes were widened, along with her mouth, as she gawked down into the box.

"Oh, my God," she whispered. She slowly raised the gown from the box. It flowed down to the floor in a puddle of white layers. "Oh my God," she whispered again, this time, her voice shook with emotion. She couldn't take her eyes off of the gown she was holding up in front of her.

The dress looked magnificent. It was a sleeveless gown. The upper body area was strapless, but the sheer covering the chest are made its on straps. White flower designs covered the edges all over the shoulder. The back had a sheer, heart shaped, design, showcasing the brides back. The heart, too, had the white flowers outlining its edges. The entire abdominal area was decorated with the white flower print, and slowly disappeared the further you got to the bottom of the gown. The train wasn't too long, but still not too short.

All in all, the dress was absolutely stunning.

"I...I...this is," Courtney struggled to find her words. She looked to me, and I saw the shine in her eyes. "Isyss," she smiles through her tears. Her joy at the dress made me smile. "I love it!" she finally got out. She ran over to me, and hugged me.