Dancing Heart

A little over due... A LOT OVER DUE! I'm so so so so sorry this took so long :'( Thanks for sticking around so long waiting for this chapter!

Please, vote, comment, ENJOY!

Chapter Fifteen

Willow:

“Willow!” Spencer stared at me wide eyed for good reason. I bet he wasn’t expecting to see me waiting around in his kitchen when he woke up this morning.

I passed him an awkward smile. “Hey Spencer.”

He ran a hand through his messy bed head, trying to straighten it out, clearly having only just woken up. We mumbled a few awkward lines between us, before he sat down, a silence falling between us.

“So what are you doing today? Bank holidays and all.” He asked, trying to strike up some conversation. I nodded my head, and shifted uncomfortably.

“I’m just hanging around with Derek today…” I muttered, sending a pleading glance towards the ceiling, willing Derek to come down quickly. “I’m just waiting for him to get changed.”

I had insisted to Derek that we had enough time for us to stop by his house so he could change his clothes, and now I was regretting it as I stood in an awkward silence with Spencer Jones, shuffling my weight from one foot to the other as I tried to think of something to say to make this situation any less uncomfortable. But honestly I didn’t know what I could say to him.

“Oh.” Spencer replied, not helping me by adding anything extra to make the conversation any easier.

I gave him a stiff smile. “So did you have fun at the party last night?” I asked.

He scratched the back of his head. “Yeah it was alright. Killer hangover though.” He complained pointing at his head and twisting his mouth into a grimace.

I nodded my head in agreement. Mine had thankfully died down a lot, but Spencer still seemed to be suffering.

“I’m never going to drink again.” He said, but he was wearing a smile now as he pulled himself up a chair opposite me, the uncomfortable silence officially shattered.

I smiled at him and shook my head. “Liar.” I said. “I’m sure you posted the same thing on Facebook after the Christmas party last year.”

His smile brightened. “This time I mean it.” He said with conviction. “Never again.” I shook my head, but before I had the chance to break it to him that that wasn’t a promise he would be able to keep Derek walked in, dressed now in his own clothes, and looking a lot more comfortable with himself.

“Hey.” He greeted me and nodded his head at his brother, whose smile had disappeared when he had walked in. Spencer grunted in reply, getting up from his seat, but Derek seemed used to it.

“You ready to go?” He asked me, tilting his head in question.

“Yeah.” I said sounding eager even to my own ears as I stood up. I hesitated as I left, remembering to say goodbye to Spencer, who gave me a half smile along with his own goodbye.

“That’s still a really cool hat.” I said to Derek as we left his house, nodding to the bright teenage mutant ninja turtle beanie I had seen him wear a few times now. He looked over at me in surprise and confusion.

“You really, actually like it?” He asked subconsciously reaching up to touch it, his face wrinkled in puzzlement.

Was that a serious question? Why would I lie about liking his hat?