'I Like You'

SO I FINALLY TYPED IT OUT! I'M SO MUCH MORE PROUD OF MYSELF THAN I SHOULD BE - I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO TAKE SO MUCH LONGER TO GET FINISHED THOUGH! :P

[Also sorry if at any point I jumped into 3rd POV in the chapter because I wrote my notes in 3rd POV for some reason - which was really confusing :P]

Right so I'm just going to let you guys read this :) x

As always Comments and Votes are appreciated - but mostly please ENJOY:

Chapter Eighteen

Willow’s P.O.V:

Crap. Awkward silence filled the air around me. I’d definitely said that out loud.

I worked hard on ignoring the urge to blush furiously by refusing to look in Derek’s direction.

I’d just confessed I had a crush on him – in front of his family.

My stomach squirmed as a bunch of choice words worked their way through my mind, one after another. I kept my poker face on though. Refusing to let myself feel the full weight of the uncomfortable situation I’d forced on the table.

The first one to break the silence was Noah.

“Dude – I totally knew it.” He said, unabashed. Liam quickly jabbed a hard elbow into his friend’s side, and threw him an exasperated look, shutting him up.

It was too late – I was already feeling even more embarrassed.

I. Like. Derek. What the hell have you got to say about it?

I’d said that. With Derek in the same room.

I couldn’t help myself from throwing a glance in his direction, only to find him staring right back at me with an utterly shocked expression. The whole situation hit me just then, and I tore my eyes away from him.

“R-right. Do you mind if I use the bathroom?” I asked, barely waiting to be excused before rushing out of the room – not needing directions because I’d been to Derek’s house more than enough times to know the way.

Almost simultaneously with my exit the sound of chatter sounded behind me, making my whole face burn red. Especially when I heard Noah half yell out a congratulatory ‘way to go man’ before I was fully out of earshot.

Holy shit this was embarrassing.

Moving as quickly as I could without running I locked myself within the Reed household bathroom. Leaning my back against the door I let out a small groan.

I confessed my feelings for Derek.

That actually happened. I did that.

Cheeks burning I buried my face into my hands, as soon as I did the picture of Derek’s stunned face came back to mind.

Was that a good or bad reaction?

Oh god – maybe I’d completely ruined our friendship by opening my big mouth. We hadn’t been friends that long but the thought of not having Derek as a friend anymore made my stomach turn.

He wasn’t just a guy I had a crush on, he was someone I considered to be one of my best friends.

Even if I had only known him a short while he was more important to me than a lot of people I knew.