Family Dinner

Hey guys I know this story is a little everywhere at the moement - I do have a plan I promise, I just not sure the entirity of the plan :P

If people could point out any mistakes they see it'd be a great help!

Mostly though please ENJOY::

Chapter Seventeen

Willow’s POV:

“This is your last chance to turn tail and run.” Derek warned me as we stood just outside the door to his house. I gave a quiet laugh.

“How bad could it be?” I asked him, not all that concerned. At first I felt like an intruder at the words ‘family dinner’, but Derek had told me that Noah Liam and Makayla usually stopped by too. It had put my mind to ease to know I wouldn’t be the only guest.

Just the only one who was new.

Derek grimaced. “Famous last words.” He said solemnly.

I grinned at his serious tone. I was just about to answer back when the door to his house swung open, revealing an enthusiastic Julie.

“Willow you made it!” She chirped happily. “Come in, come in! I love the dress by the way.”

I gave her a return smile. “Thank you. I really like your cardigan.” I complimented back as I moved past her into the house, and I heard Derek mumble something along the lines of ‘girls’.

Julie must have heard the same thing because she gave her step-son a disapproving look. “Your cousins are already in the Kitchen. You should go introduce them to Willow.” She suggested, pointing us through to the kitchen.

Derek looked uncomfortable with the idea, but nodded his head grudgingly in agreement. “Sure.” He said, nodding his head at me to follow him. I did so and it wasn’t long until we could hear the quiet buzz of conversation around the corner.

“So how ugly do you think she’s going to be?”

The question was followed by a snort of ungraceful laughter. “I don’t know man. That Makayla chick is pretty hot. Maybe this girl will be too.” A different voice spoke.

“Yeah – but Makayla’s a lesbian.” The first one said confidently.

“Bullshit.” The second one replied.

“Come on. The girl dresses like a ten year old boy.” The first one argued, as if that proved their point.

From next to me I could see Derek’s jaw twitching in annoyance as he stood frozen in the doorway listening to them insult his friend. I gently reached out to touch his arm, silent asking if he was okay.

He stiffly nodded his head. “Not too too late to turn back if you want.” He said sounding as if he fully expected me to do so.

I shook my head. “Not unless you want me to.” I told him firmly.

He gave me a small smile. “Alright here goes nothing.” He said encouragingly, before opening the kitchen door revealing us.

Two people were stood on opposite sides of the kitchen counter, both heads turned to us as Derek opened the door.

“Andy. Brick.” Derek greeted them swiftly nodding at each of them as he said their names. Right to left.

Neither replied to Derek instead both their eyes landed and stayed on me.