Nosy Friends

Chapter Three

Willow:

“I can’t believe I used to be that lame.” Jenifer wrinkled her nose she skimmed through the Facebook photos her mother had tagged her in. “What am I doing with my hair?” She grimaced.

I rolled my eyes at her. She didn’t even look that bad.

“If I was you, I’d be more worried about that smile.” Chrissie said shaking her head and pointing to one where Jenifer was flashing her braces to everyone with a lopsided grin that indeed looked just a tad on the creepy side.

It really showed the stalker in her.

Jenifer shot her friend a glare before clicking away from the photo. “Like this is any better?” She asked pulling up an old one of Chrissie where she was fast asleep drooling over her homework as she dreamt.

Chrissie grimaced, before snatching away the keyboard and typing furiously fast. “Yeah this doesn’t scream nerd alert at all.” She brought up a photo where Jenifer was dressed up as a bulbasaur as she clutched on tightly to a new Pokémon game her brother had gotten her.

Jenifer laughed, snatching away the keyboard to find a worse picture hiding on the Internet.

I sighed at the pair. You could clearly tell we were using our computer time responsibly.

“Oh god.” Both Jenifer and Chrissie snorted with laughter. “How did we forget about this one?” They double clicked to enlarge the image. There was one of all three of us dressed as the power puff girls, whilst Jenifer’s brother, Evan, was dressed as the professor.

We all had matching dweeb like smiles on our faces.

I smiled remembering the day that photo had been taken.

“You can clearly tell we were cool from the off.” Jenifer sniggered.

“I make a pretty badass Buttercup.” Chrissie commented.

“Buttercup isn’t half as cool as Bubbles though.” Jenifer shook her head, cocking her head to the side as she observed he own outfit. “But Willow, what were you trying to do we that ribbon?” She asked turning to look at me.

I scowled playfully. “I was trying to put a bow in my hair like Blossom does.” I said scrunching my nose. “It doesn’t look that bad.”

“Denial only hurts yourself.” Chrissie joked, and I tossed my pen at her to make her shut up.

“Girls quiet!” The teacher shouted from the front of the study room (the only room in the school with computers).

Jenifer pulled a face at the teacher as soon as he turned his back and Chrissie proudly flipped him the bird.

I coughed to cover my laughter, putting my head down.

“God what crawled up his ass and died there?” Jenifer asked.

“He’s a dickhead, plain and simple.” Chrissie said not bothering to lower her voice. “The real question is what kind of loser has nothing better to do but bother girls about being quiet when clearly there’s no one else in the room trying to even study?”

That was how Chrissie managed to get us kicked out of the study room.

“Good going Chrissie, now how am I meant to do my science work for Mr Colton? He’s going to kill me.” Jenifer complained, shooting her friend her clearly unaffected a dirty look.

Chrissie waved off Jenifer. “Man up Jenny. What I said hadn’t even been that bad. He’s so sensitive. And plus it’s not like you were doing the work anyway.”