Things in Common

I don't know how this happened but I just spent the whole night writing >.< So this was up a lot quicker than I thought it was going to be over the past couple of days because of the whole microsoft word fiasco (actually this chapter is totally different from the first one I wrote becuase I couldn't bare the idea of trying to type it all out again only to find out I couldn't remember it - it would have annoyed me so much)

Hopefully you guys will like it anyway xD

ANYWAY votes and comments as always are very much appreciated, but most of all PLEASE ENJOY::

Chapter Twenty

Willow’s P.O.V:

“You realise that the textbook is meant to be used for studying – not as a pillow.” Derek said teasingly, looking up at me from where he was sitting on the floor next to his bed that I was now hogging.

“That’s good.” I mumbled. “It’s a terrible pillow.” It was cold, uncomfortable, and smelt strongly of ink.

Derek shook his head, turning his attention back to his homework. Following his example I lifted myself up on to my elbows so I could read the text in front of me properly.

The words blurred slightly as I stifled a yawn behind the back of my hand, trying not to be rude, but Derek still noticed.

“Bored?” He asked.

I blushed slightly. “Not bored.” I rushed to say. “Just tired, I was up pretty late last night thinking up some new dance routines.” I explained. “Plus I don’t get any of this.” I said gesturing to the textbook with a pout.

Derek turned his torso to face me, resting his arms on the bed. “Where are you stuck?” He asked.

“…Question one.” I told him.

He gave me a surprised look.

“Yeah I know it’s pretty bad.” I said feeling stupid. I’d started about half an hour ago and I hadn’t done a single question. “I’m not all that smart.” I admitted.

Derek’s eyebrows creased together. “That’s not what I was going to say.” He said. “I was just wondering if you wanted any help. The questions sir gives out are usually pretty tricky.”

I felt some of my uneasiness fade. “You don’t mind?” I asked.

He smiled warmly. “Not at all.” He promised, picking up my notebook to look at the question. I’d scribbled out pretty much all the working out I had attempted to answer the question, but it was still legible enough for Derek to see what I had been doing.

“You were actually pretty close.” Derek told me.

“I was?” I asked.

“Yeah. You just forgot to use this equation first.” He told me tapping his finger to the bottom right corner of the textbook I’d been using as a pillow.

“Oh.” I said, looking back and forth between the textbook and my page of work.

“Try it again.” He encouraged me, and I nodded my head.

“Alright.” I agreed. Unsurprisingly I didn’t run into the same problems I’d been having before, and the numbers the calculator was now spitting out at me weren’t ten decimal places long either.

Derek beamed at me when I completed the question without any hiccups.

“Great.” He praised. “Now question two…” Derek continued to help me, reaching across for my pen, his arm brushing against mine.