Chapter 16

Five minutes later, I was back in my bedroom. I knew Dakota had agreed to come back after the others had driven away, but I wasn't sure how long it would be. So I took the opportunity to change my sweats and tee out for a lighter pair of pajama pants and a loose workout tank.

I hadn't even gotten my shirt fully on over my head when a loud knock on the door to the patio had me nearly jumping out of my skin. I cursed out loud to myself as my heart pounded, but I was happy to see Dakota standing on the other side of the glass. I didn't even care that he was snickering at me.

Pulling the door open for him, I finished shoving my arms through the holes. "What's so funny, huh?" I asked, raising a brow.

Dakota was still chuckling quietly as he stepped back into my room. I was grinning, glad to just have him back in here with me. Something about his presence made me not completely hate the place I should have felt a million times more comfortable in--the place that was supposed be a home and not just the house I slept in.

"Your face just then," he answered. "That was priceless."

I smirked and stepped closer to him. "Oh yeah?"

"Definitely."

I reached out and wrapped my arms around his waist, tugging him even closer. "You know what else is priceless?"

"What?" Dakota's eyes were still shining with amusement but he was no longer laughing. In fact, I thought he was holding his breath.

My only answer was my fingers moving playfully over his ribs, causing him to jerk in my arms and let out a startled yelp that I never would have expected to come from him. I immediately burst out laughing and he tried to shove me away.

Eventually he succeeded and his breathing was laboured. "You're such a dick," he gasped.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. That was just priceless," I said between laughs.

Dakota glared at me but after a moment he had a stupid grin back on his face. He moved over to sit on my bed, leaning back and propping himself up. "You're lucky."

I moved over to stand in front of him. He parted his knees where they were bent over the end of the mattress. I stepped closer, in between them. "Why?"

"Because you're too damn cute to punch in the face," he muttered, reaching out and grabbing my hand. He pulled me down and pressed his lips against mine in the slowest kiss I think I had ever experienced.

When it ended, he scooted backwards on the bed, pulling me along with him until we were at the top, his head resting on my pillow. I was above him, my hands and knees holding me up as I looked down at his face. I swore inside my head. "How can you even be this perfect?"

Dakota blushed and something in my chest stuttered. I ducked my head back down to kiss him again, harder this time, needing his lips on mine almost desperately. I pulled back to see his eyes had gone closed and I returned my mouth to his skin, this time letting my lips press gently against his neck.

I swiped my tongue over the area beneath his ear and felt him angle his neck to give me better access to it. As I worked my mouth down and across his throat a small whimper escaped from his lips and I felt myself throbbing inside my boxers at the intoxicating sound.

I planted my lips onto his once more and the kiss quickly became heated and sloppy. The way he was beginning to desperately grind himself against my body that I had finally pressed down against his had me completely hard in no time.

Dakota's free hand found its way into my hair and he grabbed tightly onto the strands. A moan erupted out of my throat and got lost on Dakota's tongue as he tightened his fingers to a slightly painful degree. My dick jumped at the feeling, wanting nothing more than to be free of the confines of my pajama pants. I groaned at my body's reaction, wanting to roll my eyes at myself. I was such a sucker for a little bit of the pleasure and pain combination.