6

-(Flash back)-

-Sophomore Year-

I walk with Nash and Taylor to class. The walk is quite nice, until I spot her.

She has long brown hair that's frizzy at it's ends and blue magnificent eyes, that are complimented by her long eyes lashes. Her features are striking.

I smile at her, but I don't think she notices. She continues to laugh with her friends.

"Hot girls at five o'clock!" Nash squeals, mimicking how most guys find cute girls.

"Cam's already got his heart set on one!" Taylor hollers.

"No I don't.".

"I saw you staring!".

"If you find it so weird that in staring, why don't you go talk to them?" I smirk.

"Okay, but your coming with.". We walk over to three girls who are laughing. One girl has brown long hair and another has dirty blonde hair. I keep my eyes on the girl who is still laughing, revealing her cute dimples.

"Hi, I'm Cameron and this is Nash and Taylor." I introduce.

"I'm Hailee, and this is Dylan and Desserea." the one with long brown hair introduces.

"We were wondering if you wanted to hang out with us." Nash asks.

"Sure." Desserea smiles. We walk with them. Everybody talks together, except for Desserea and I.

"How long have you gone to school here?" Desserea asks me.

"I used to be homeschooled but my parents thought that I should go to a public school this year.".

"Cool. I've always wanted to be homeschooled.".

"It's not that fun though, and there aren't any people around to hang out or talk to.".

"Really? I would be homeschooled because it means there's no drama, no bullies, and you don't have to leave the house. You can stay in your pajamas all day long!" she has a great sense of humor.

"Your really fun Desserea.".

"Call me Des.".

"Okay, Des." I smirk. She quietly chuckles and looks down.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" she asks.

"Nah, I don't really need one.".

"Really? You'd think a guy like you would have a girlfriend.".

"Guy like me?".

"Yeah, a charming boy and a nice one too.".

"So you think I'm charming?" I smile. She playfully punches me in the arm. Suddenly, I hear the ground crack from beneath us.

I turn and see a guy with long dark hair that flows upward and green eyes walking towards us with a scowl on his face.

"Hey Des! Why are you with this little shit!" he barks.

"How many times do I have to fucking tell you, it's over Damien! I broke up with you a year ago!" she yells.

He grabs her arm and pulls her back. I push him to the side and yank her from his grip,"Don't hurt her!".

"Look, the little shit is talking." he thumps my chest.

"I don't want to cause any trouble but-".

"No buts! Stay away from my girl!" he cuts me off.

"I'm not your girl!" Des screams,

"Listen new kid, of you ever talk to her again, you'll be sorry." he threatens me. Damian walks off with a stern look on his face.

"I'm so sorry about that Cameron!" Desserea apologizes.

"It's ok, did he hurt you?". She bites me lip and looks down at her arm. A deep cut bleeds on her soft skin.

"Are you okay?!".

"Ya, it's ok. Just a scratch." she flinches when I lightly touch it. "It's pretty deep. Here," I bring her over to a drinking fountain near by.

I push the knob in and run her arm under the cold water. I can tell that it stings as her arm tenses, but it's the only thing that could help her cut.

"Thanks, Cameron." she smiles, followed by a short embrace.

"It was nothing, really.".

"I don't know what I would've done if you didn't stick up for me." she smiles.

"You probably could-" I'm interrupted when her lips press to mine. Once we pull back, we sit in silence for a moment.

"Um..... it was nice getting to meet you." I blush.

"Yeah," she smiles and then plants her lips back on mine. We kiss for a minute, followed by two minutes.

We pull back for good now. Desserea blushes and smiles. "Des! Its time to go!" Hailee hollers.

"I gotta go. It was nice meeting you Cameron.".

"Call me Cam." I smile. "Bye, Cam.".

"Bye." she walks off with Dylan and Hailee. I take a deep breath and run a finger through my hair. A small grin stretches across my face.

"You'll pay." I hear Damian holler as he throws something at me. It's a piece of paper that says, You'll pay. Hard.

Hey guys! So this chapter is a flash back about how Cameron and Desserea met and who Damian is. You'll meet Damian in the next chapter. I'm so thankful for all your votes and reads! Please vote and comment🙏

-Rose🌹