22

*Still Desserea's P.O.V.*

I wake up in the hospital with Hailee by my side, crying. She looks at me and gives me sorrowful eyes.

"W-Where's Ellie?".

"She's fine. Chris saved her and she's with Nash right now." she sniffs.

"And Ca-"

"Mrs. Dallas, so glad to see your up." a woman, the doctor, smiles brightly. "But there's some things I have to talk to you about.".

I sit up and take a deep breath, but my side randomly starts to cramp.

My hands run over it, feeling a bandage wrapped around my waist. When I look down, a blood stain marks a certain spot.

"Was I shot?".

"Yes, you were. And that brings us to what I need to tell you." she sighs and pushes a piece of my soil-churned hair behind my ear.

"Your husband, Cameron, has done something very courageous for you..." she trails off.

"What did he do?" the words fall from my mouth.

Her ecru hair is pulled back into a side braid and her azure eyes sparkle. She grabs my hand," When you got shot, you were loosing a lot of blood and your heart almost failed. You lost seventy five percent of your blood. Cameron couldn't see you suffer and donated his blood for you.".

A wave of pain shocks me from head to toe. Tears stream down my face,"Is he gonna be okay?!".

"Cameron...died this morning, from lack of blood," the doctor sighs. Tears fog up my eyes, and I loose it.

I break down into tears. I burry my head into my hands, and weep. He's gone. I'll never get to see him again, and the worst thing is, I never got to say goodbye!

Ellie won't remember her father. She didn't even get to spend much time with him.

Worst of all, we will never get to see him again. Memories of our first kiss, first hug, first date, proposal, wedding, the day Ellie was born, last hug, last kiss, all the I love you 's we said, and all the fun we had, play through my head.

Hailee wraps her arms around me and hold me close. I cry on her shoulder for what feels like an hour.

The door opens and closes, and I find Nash walking in, with Ellie in his arms. Tears fill his eyes, so I'm guessing he knows too.

"You, um, up to see Ellie?" he chokes.

I lift my head up,"Yes.". Nash hands me Ellie, and I curl her close to my face.

I won't let go of her, I don't want to. She's the only thing I have left now.

Taylor walks in. "Guys...you...have...to...come...quick!" he says out of breath.

Nash and Hailee exchange looks with Taylor, as he gives the 'you know what I'm talking about' look.

"Come on!" he waves us towards himself. I stand up, still holding Ellie close to my chest.

The doctor comes back," I'm sorry Mrs. Dallas, but you have to stay here.". I let the others go and lay back down.

Hailee takes Ellie with her and rushes out towards the others. My side aches and my mind twist in thought.

What was Taylor so excited about? Why was he out of breath? Did he run here?

I wait about an hour, bored to death, until Nash runs in. "Desserea!" he exclaims, while running over to me.

"What happened? What did I miss?".

"It's a miracle...."

Sorry I've been so busy! This is what I tried to squeeze into my busy schedule. Sorry it's not that good of a chapter. What's the miracle? Will Desserea ever be happy again?

-Rose🌹