24

**Cameron's P.O.V.**

The beeping noise of the monitor wakes me from my slumber. Fuck, I'm back in the hospital. I scan around the room but this time I see myself, laying in the hospital bed.

Tubes shoot through my nose and heart monitors attach to my chest. How am I seeing myself? The only person I see in the room is Desserea.

She sits on a chair right next to the bed with both hands wrapped with mine. Tears fill her eyes, causing them to be red and puffy.

The same doctor I had last time walks in with his head down. "Mrs. Dallas, I have Cameron's results.".

Desserea looks up and gives him a sorrowful look. "It appears that Cameron is not getting any better. His heart rate isn't normal, he still remains in a coma, and with all the broken bones he may remain paralyzed for the rest of his life.".

Desserea doesn't bother to wipe the tears from her cheeks, she keeps her fingers tangled with mine.

"P-Paralyzed?" she stutters.

"Yes, but I think it's time-"

"No! I'm not letting you take the love of my life!".

"Mrs. Dallas, it's the right thing," the doctor tries calming Desserea, who's face has turned red in anger.

"No, I won't let you! Don't you fucking take his life! He needs to fucking survive, god dammit!".

"Calm down, would you rather watch him suffer for the rest of his life? It's what's best for Cameron.".

"No it's not," she slams her head onto the bed," It's not what's best for him! I need him! Without Cameron I'd be a fucking mess! I can't care for Ellie by myself, I need Cameron!".

How am I seeing this, if I'm in a coma? Desserea cries and sobs face down on my bed. "I'll give you a moment to say your goodbyes." he leaves the room.

Desserea leans close to my head, and whispers something in my ear. I can hear it, as if she's telling me right now.

"Cam, don't listen to him. Your gonna make it, I know you will. I love you so much, and I'm so glad you are the father of my daughter. I can't believe we made it this far. You are perfect and nobody can change that. If you do end up leaving, just remembered send me a message that your okay."

"When I get the message, I'll know that your safe. My world revolves around you and Ellie, but if it weren't for you, we wouldn't have Ellie. I love you so much, and that will never change. I'll never forget the time lighting struck the tree outside the day my sister died, and I cried in your arms, afraid. But you calmed me and said that it was a sign that she was safe."

"Please stay with me. I believe in you. I know you can fight through this. Your a fighter. You've been through drug dealers, you've been shot at, your lungs have flooded with blood, you died but came back to life. Your a fighter, and nothing can change that. I love you so much. Goodbye." she plants her lips on mine for a minuet, then pulls back.

Tears stain my cheeks, from Desserea crying while she was talking to me. Te doctor walks back in, and gives Desserea a signal that it is time to go.

She places her lips on mine once more, then leaves the room, in tears. I watch the doctor turn off the heart monitor and unplug the machine.

No, fight! Come on Cameron! You can do it! Don't die! Your a fighter! Fight! Fight! Suddenly, Taylor runs into the room, causing the doctor to jump.

"Cameron! I know you probably can't hear me, but you need to know!" he shakes my body. The doctor pulls back Taylor, and tries shoving him out the door.

Taylor somehow manages to squirm away from his grip for a split second. He fights his way towards me. The doctor pulls him backwards.

Know what?! What is so important?! He shouts something towards me.

"They took Ellie.........."

TO BE CONTINUED.....

====

Done with book one! Left you guys with a cliff hanger! Hope you enjoyed book one! Thank you so much for all the reads, votes, and comments! I need ideas for what the second book should be called. I have three ideas:

1) Save, Find, and Protect

2) Protecting Her

3) You comment a name that you came up with that could work 🙈

Please comment which one you choose, or the name you came up with!🙏 Thanks again!

-Rose🌹