2

I can hear Nash beating up the man upstairs as I run down the stairs after the other man. He looks around for the dot to the basement. NO! Desserea and Ellie are in there! I jump on top of his back, causing him to fall to the floor.

He slams onto the hard floor. " Oww!" he bellows. I hit him vigorously with the bat. His face is bleeding and his eyes are closed. Blood streams onto the floor, surrounding us in a puddle. He remains unconscious as I beat the crap out of him.

I stand up with the bat in my hand. His face is badly damaged. His nose is facing a different direction and his eyes are shut. My hands are covered in blood. Nash rushes down the stairs after me.

" Cameron!" he gasps.

" Get...him....to....the.....hospital." I say wearily.

Nash plops him into his truck and zooms off. I run into the basement. Desserea pokes her head out of the trunk. She notices the blood on my hands," Cameron!". I hug her. Her body is tense as she holds Ellie in her arms.

" I'm fine, as long as your oka-" I drop to the floor. I can only hear Desserea screaming my name. "Cameron! Wake up! Answer me! Cameron!" she sobs. All of a sudden, everything goes black.

_________

I wake up in the hospital. I slowly blink my eyes open. " Des, is that you?" I asks dizzily. I see tears streaming down her face as she kisses my cheek," Yes! I'm here!".

She wraps her arms around my neck and cries. " You were dead, your heart stopped!" she sobs.

" It's okay. It's working now. I'm alive." I squeeze her tightly. Nash pokes his head through the door and smiles. He walks in holding Eleanor.

He brings Ellie over to me. " Hi gorgeous." I breathe. Ellie giggles and grabs my finger. She's now two weeks old.

She's grown so much. Hailee, Taylor's wife, walks in. " Hi Cameron! Feeling any better?" she asks.

" Much better," I reply. Taylor walks in followed by everybody else. Taylor takes a deep breath," Everyone! Hailee and I have an announcement!". " We are having a baby!" Hailee cheers.

Everyone celebrates. " Congrats!" Des says with a bright smile. " Is it a boy or a girl?" Dylan, Matthew's wife, asks. " Its a girl," Hailee says happily. Since their baby and Ellie are only one year apart, so maybe they will be best friends!

Dylan and Matthew have a daughter named Lauren who is two years old.

No one else has kids. I'm finally released from the hospital. Ellie is so big! She's starting to grow more hair and develop better features.

She giggles when I give her a raspberry and when I play with her. Des and Ellie cuddle on the couch. My phone rings. " Who is it?" Des asks. " It's Chris.". I pick up the phone.

" Cameron?".

" Yes."

" Are you home right now?" he asks. His voice sounds worried.

" Ya, why?" I ask.

" You need to get Desserea and Ellie out of there, NOW!" he yells.

" Listen, Chris! Why do you keep calling me and telling me to hide my family?!" I boom through the phone.

" They're coming and it's not safe for them. It's not you they want, it's Ellie!" I gasp.

Ellie?! Why would they want her?! She's only two weeks old! " Why?!" I ask.

" Do you remember when you and Des's apartment was set in fire before you were married?".

" Yes, I remember.".

" Those men want to kill your daughter!" he screams. I drop the phone and it shatters into tiny pieces. I dash around packing a bag. Des follows me," Cam? What's going on?". I sigh," We need to leave.". " Why?" she asks. I tell her what Chris told me.

Des bursts into tears and grabs Ellie. " Go live with Hailee and Taylor for a few days, while I figure things out with Nash and Chris." I order. She kisses my lips. Her cherry red lips feel hot when they press against mine.

Her hands are shaking and her feet tremble. I kiss Eleanor's head," Be careful.".

I watch Des and Ellie drive off. I call Nash and tell him to come over. I see his car pull into my driveway. He knocks on the door firmly. I answer it and pull him inside.