3

Nash stumbles inside. I lock the door and shut the blinds.

"Cameron, you okay?" he asks.

" No! Somebody wants to kill my daughter!" I burst. My body tingles in irritation and my forehead is boiling hot. I tense up my body and look at Nash.

"Wait, what?! Someone wants to kill Ellie? Why?" his voice deepens.

" If I knew why, why would I be freaking out!" I rub my temples trying to calm. Nash wears a poker face. I can't tell what his delusional mind is thinking.

He cracks his knuckles," Cam, take a deep breath.". I inhale through my nose and exhale out my mouth.

"Ok, now tell me the whole story," he says placing his hand on my shoulder. " Chris called me and told me that these guys wanted to kill Eleanor.". "Who are they?" Nash asks. "Chris said that they are the men who set Des and I's apartment on fire before we were married.".

Nash's jaw drops, leaving a giant gaping hole. A black abyss. "Where's Ellie and Des?" he asks.

" They are living with Hailee and Taylor for now." I speak softly. "And what about you?" his voice sounds concerned.

"I have to go," I say firmly as I pick up my suit case. Nash raises his eyebrow," Where?".

I look down," Massachusetts". Nash's head drops and his eyes narrow. He looks out the window. I can tell he's concerned. Nash is like my older brother.

We've grown up together. I moved right next door to him when I was three. We became friends real quick. We've stayed friends still to this day. He's a year older so he acts like my older brother. When I need to just talk to someone, it's Nash.

"Why there?" he asks quietly.

I smirk," I know some people who can help.". He nods. All of a sudden I hear a cry. It sounds like Ellie crying! I dash up to her room.

Nobody is there.

"Ellie!" I call. Then I hear Desserea," Help! Cameron help me!". I look around for anyone. I hear their voices come from Desserea and my room.

I bolt through the door, nothing. I go to open the door, it's locked! Nash opens the door. " Ca-" he tries running into the room but it looks like he slammed into a brick wall but nothing is there.

He falls flat on his face. I press my hand against where I should be able to walk.

Desserea and Eleanor's voices haunt me," Help!". Des's voice sounds desperate," Cameron!". I fall to the ground with my hands over my ears. I can feel my head pounding as the voices screech.

Trapped.