21

**Nash's P.O.V.**

I quietly sit on the couch. I haven't heard from Cameron since I was at his house.

Suddenly, a pound echoes through my house, as someone pounds on my door.

I yank it open, finding Taylor and Hailee. Tear ducts fill her eyes, and Taylor doesn't even look up.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"W-While Taylor was at work and I was at the grocery store, Damian kidnapped Desserea and Eleanor." Hailee stumbles and chokes on her words, as if they we're clogging up in her throat.

"Where's Cameron? Are they okay?".

"That's why we came here, we thought you'd know." Taylor sighs.

My fingers run through my hair, as questions run my mind wild.

"I didn't even know." the words tangle in my jaw.

"Oh.".

I pick up my phone and dial Cameron's number. It rings, and rings, and rings, and rings.

"Come on," my leg shakes as I wait for him to pick up.

Hi, this is Cameron. I can't get to the phone right now. Leave a message- then a beep.

I hang up. My chest thumps loudly, probably loud enough for Taylor and Hailee to hear.

"N-No answer?" Hailee trembles. I shake my head, avoiding eye contact so they can't see tears fogging up my eyes.

"What do we do?" Taylor worries.

"Well we can't just sit here and do nothing!" I add, voice cracking.

"This is all my fault." Hailee covers her eyes with her hands.

"No, it's mine. I'm the one who told Cameron to leave." the words barely slip from my mouth.

"Nash, it's not your fault, it's Damian's." Taylor presses his hand on my shoulder.

Cameron is basically my brother, and I'd do anything to protect him. For all I know, he could be dead.

**Desserea's P.O.V.**

I hear a stumble, and a screech. Oh no! Ellie! Cameron! "Cam! Ellie!" I try crying loud enough for them to hear.

The three men continue to shoot at Damian. "You'll never get away with this!" one screams. More men join in, but this time they fight for Damian.

A man with dirty blonde hair and green clover eyes runs over to me. "Shh, it's Chris. I'm here to save you." he tries untying the ropes around my arms.

"Where's Cam?".

"He's getting Ellie. Now, I'm gonna give you some instructions that you'll have to follow. You ready?".

I shake my head," No! No! No!".

"You have to do this," his voice is firm.

"I-I can't!" I shake my head even harder and faster, causing me to fall out of the chair.

"Head towards the door, and don't turn back. If you turn back, they will kill you." the words piece together in my head partially.

"What about-"

"He'll be fine, just go!" he orders. I stand up and bolt to the door, afraid to glimpse behind me.

Tears stream down my face, as I keep running. But then it hits me, Cam and Ellie won't make it if I leave!

I turn around, forgetting what I've been told. My heart races, as I run back towards where they should be.

A shot echoes through the room, as I'm flung backwards. Blood streams down my body, and all the noise fades out into a blob.

The dark room fades even darker, until all I can see is complete and utter darkness.

Sorry it's kind of short. What do you think happened to Desserea? What will Nash, Taylor, and Hailee do? Is Cameron okay?

-Rose🌹